eBay find. Sec 1 and Sec 2 rasp pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

eBay find. Sec 1 and Sec 2 rasp pipes

Interesting pieces I found here and the price seems amazing. The section 2 has the H crossover in the stock location. I wonder if the resonators on the section 2 are longer than the box one that comes on the stock piece?

Interesting. That's the most OE like replica I've seen. Says 304 steel, but who knows. Probably heavy. Piping is 2.25". so not really an upgrade from OE. Actually, a downgrade I'd wager.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Greatest concern would be fitment. The section 2 is not an easy pipe to fabricate and route.

Comment

I saw this on one of the Facebook pages. I’m curious to see how it is. Who’s going to be the guinea pig haha
        2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Inizes View Post
          I saw this on one of the Facebook pages. I’m curious to see how it is. Who’s going to be the guinea pig haha
          Haha that was me that posted it. At that price point I wouldn’t mind trying it. As mentioned above it’s the most OE like section 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
            Greatest concern would be fitment. The section 2 is not an easy pipe to fabricate and route.
            Good point, I imagine some of those aftermarket Sec. 2 pieces could touch the driver's side output flange.
            2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
            Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
            Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
            RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
            Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

Good point, I imagine some of those aftermarket Sec. 2 pieces could touch the driver's side output flange.
              Only one way to find out. Its cheap enough to try.

Comment

So what’s the reason for going with this instead of stock with added resonator in sec1?

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  so not really an upgrade from OE. Actually, a downgrade I'd wager.
                  Forged in the heart of Mordor, it is imbued to add 10-20 horsepower depending on the level of your car. It's a magic race exhaust. Clearly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-16-22-53-56.png
Views:	199
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	67927
                  Attached Files
                  This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                  https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Originally posted by Arith2 View Post

Forged in the heart of Mordor, it is imbued to add 10-20 horsepower depending on the level of your car. It's a magic race exhaust. Clearly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-16-22-53-56.png
Views:	199
Size:	196.3 KB
ID:	67927
                    Don’t completely rule it out until someone tries it. You’ve got known companies making the same claims with intakes and exhausts.

Years ago people were saying the same thing about Megan headers.

Comment

Megan headers is a good analogy as those too, made of chinesium, are very close replicas of the OE piece (euro/csl header). Still begs the question, why not just buy OE? To save a couple hundred? Maybe to save a couple thousand, but not $200-300 imo.
                      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by DropTopKingM3 View Post

Don’t completely rule it out until someone tries it. You’ve got known companies making the same claims with intakes and exhausts.

Years ago people were saying the same thing about Megan headers.
                        The Megan Racing headers are the Active Autowerks headers. Megan Racing is a budget brand. No one said they were making crazy hp. They literally stole a known good design. It's like their only product that isn't total trash. Great customer service at least 😂 Here in America you'll get 10-15 because of the location of the cats. They're an alternative to Euro headers for much less money. Don't get me started on hot air intakes...
                        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
                        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
                        X