Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake wear light reset

All,

The light came on, so i order the stuff for a brake change. But, when i pull the wheels off, the brake pads are barely worn. The PO said he replaced them right before i bought the car and ive driven 12k miles over the past 2.5 years, so that makes sense. So, i replace the sensors while im in there suspecting that maybe a wire was broken or something, and then notice one was. So no wasted effort there.
    But, the light wont go off. I used OE sensors, i have regular brakes, nothing special like a bbk. I put the key in position 2 with the door open, for at least 2 mins, 2 seperate times.

Im stumped...

Pull the upstream plug (in the plastic wheel well box) and make sure it is connected. While there - put a ohmmeter on the sensor cable at the connector and make sure you have loop continuity.

Comment

The reset option wasn't a thing until f30s. Either you have a bad sensor or broken wire somewhere. Test the sensors for continuity as stated and check the wires going into the sensors. They're notorious for breaking around points where they turn and rub on the chasis

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks fellas, im still shooting wires. Whos having fun....

Comment

Working...
        X