For Folks Running the Mini Cooper Battery - Two Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For Folks Running the Mini Cooper Battery - Two Questions

Which 'Group' size is the Mini Cooper battery and did it fit/secure without a homemade spacer?

Thanks!

It's a Group 47 sized battery.

It fit in my battery compartment without any mods or spacers needed.
    "your BMW has how many miles!?"

2003 (2/03) M3 coupe Imolarot/Black 6 M/T - JRZ RS One 450/550 - Ground Control Street - SDW RTAB - TMS Street ARCA - Redish V2 - TMS solid subframe bushings - Volk Racing G2 18x9.5 - StopTech ST40 355 (coming soon) - Beisan Systems VANOS parts - WPC OE rod bearings - Karbonius CSL airbox - Kassel MSS54HP DME - Kassel MAP sensor - Euro headers and Section 1 - SuperSprint Sport - Recaro Speed - Schroth Rallye 4 QF - AS 30% SSK

build/journal
    ig: @zzyzx85

Comment

Originally posted by zzyzx85 View Post
      It's a Group 47 sized battery.

It fit in my battery compartment without any mods or spacers needed.
      Thanks!

Comment

Is H5 size

Comment

Yup, fits and works like a charm

Comment

Yep
            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks guys!

Comment

On my Z4M o had to rotate the securing plate. It seems the smaller I could do was and H6, and go up one size to H7.

i saved 5kg from H6 down to H5 and basically the same power, being the compromise the reserve time 100min vs 120)

Comment

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                  On my Z4M o had to rotate the securing plate. It seems the smaller I could do was and H6, and go up one size to H7.

i saved 5kg from H6 down to H5 and basically the same power, being the compromise the reserve time 100min vs 120)
                  That's odd. I have fitted an H5, H6, and now H7 without having to change the orientation of the securing plate at all on my Z4MC

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

That's odd. I have fitted an H5, H6, and now H7 without having to change the orientation of the securing plate at all on my Z4MC
                    The next photo shows how an H5 looks in the Z4M. That is the location for the H6 size battery, you can see there is another location to mount a larger H7. Unless your car had a different design battery tray (which I´d doubt), I don't see how I would be able to mount the battery without spinning the securing plate. There are only two positions in the Z4M battery tray (H6 & H7)

Click image for larger version

Name:	H5-Battery.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	69899

Comment

Thanks for the picture. I stand corrected. Now, I can't remembered how I had fitted the H5 in there without doing what you did!

Originally posted by maupineda View Post

The next photo shows how an H5 looks in the Z4M. That is the location for the H6 size battery, you can see there is another location to mount a larger H7. Unless your car had a different design battery tray (which I´d doubt), I don't see how I would be able to mount the battery without spinning the securing plate. There are only two positions in the Z4M battery tray (H6 & H7)

Click image for larger version

Name:	H5-Battery.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	69899

Comment

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post
                        Thanks for the picture. I stand corrected. Now, I can't remembered how I had fitted the H5 in there without doing what you did!

an option I think about is a block of wood behind the battery. I just did not have time to measure the size it has to be, I will do it next year when I get to have access to the car again

Comment

Working...
                        X