Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire/wheel to strut clearance

Hey everyone,
    trying to run 18x10 with 275 squared and it’s not clearing my kw v1. Looking to change my whole coilover setup. Which coilover brand offers the most clearance. I searched and found systems that use helper springs aren’t good for clearance. TIA for any help.

I ran 18x10 et33 with 275/35r18s. MCS coils, no rubbing issues, ~3.2* front camber.
    '02 e46m3 - fully caged track car
    many others

Comment

You might need to add spacers to push the wheels out toward the fenders, them to fit under the outside of the fender you might need to run more camber and/or roll/pull the fenders.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Spacers is a last resort bc I’m trying to avoid wheel poke and excessive camber. I heard mcs has the most clearance but also one of the more expensive options.

Comment

TCKline uses a short spring and has the spring perch much higher than anything with a spring that fits the stock top hat (KW, Ohlins); therefore, plenty of clearance for wide wheel and tires. For street use and beginner to intermediate track use, TCK is a great option.

TCK, Ground Control, MCS, AST, JRZ should all have clearance for wide wheels and tires.

Comment

Thank you for all the helpful suggestions. I will try to source one of the above

Comment

Tested fitted the wheels on 2 of my buddies cars, one with kw clubsport and the other with tc kline da coilovers. The tc kline with the shorter spring and higher perch offered much more clearance FYI.

Comment

Working...
              X