• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY: CPV valve

Repost of Heckafunctional's CPV valve DIY:

Hey guys..
    Thought I would do a little write up
    I know there are already DIY's but I just thought I'd post one up with a little more pictures
    First off, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN TO YOU OR YOUR VEHICLE.

**UPDATE** After 50k miles my cpv has started leaking again. I am now going to replace the o-ring with mpower22's uprated o-ring. You can find these using the link below.

[TODO: Post link to nam3forum when migrated]
    http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=369406

1. Get car onto jack stands
    -I used this diagram for the jack stands
    X's mean don't use, red for jacks, and green for jack pads

2. Remove the metal panel
    - It is held on by 12 bolts and 6 sheet metal screws
    - It will be going to be pretty dirty after it comes out, I cleaned mine before putting it back on

3. Inspect
    - One way to tell if it's your cpv that's leaking is looking at the tranny
    - Notice that there's oil only on the passenger side and not the driver side
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0270.jpg Views:	0 Size:	156.2 KB ID:	701

4. Get the CPV valve
    - Part number 11111318185
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0276.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	700

5. Locate CPV
    - It's the gold screw like bolt
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0269.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	699

6. Removing CPV
    - Here's the tricky part..I bought the tool in the following picture..it worked but if I were to have done it again I would order a drag link socket. You won't be able to find these in stores(at least any I went to).
    - Place your ratchet between the header and the CPV. At first I used an extension and placed it between the header and the heat shield..big fail..stripped the CPV. Here's the exact position I used. Driver side tire in between your legs, head facing passenger. One hand on the ratchet, one hand through the header and heatshield, that is, the opening closest to the passenger side. Then looking through the gap in between the headers adjust your tool accordingly and the just take the sucker out. I had my brother hold a light, so I would suggest a light with a stand or a second person. It'll come right out this way. You can see how bad the o-ring is.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0277.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.9 KB ID:	702
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0280.jpg Views:	0 Size:	107.5 KB ID:	703

7. Finishing up
    - Put everything back together in reverse order
    Last edited by exextatic; 03-20-2020, 10:41 PM.

Guys, here is new the link to the product and the info:

https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...pressure-valve
    Original Owner - 2003 ///M3 - 6MT/LSB/Impuls/Anthracite
    M3Forum.net member since Dec 2002

Official CPV O-RingOil Leak Fix:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...pressure-valve

Comment

Working...
    X