Exhaust Performance/RASP Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhaust Performance/RASP Question

Currently have Stock Exhaust Manifold, Borla Sect 1 and 2, and SS Sport Muffler, very very quiet with ZERO drone/RASP. I am looking at SS V1 Stepped Headers, along with SS Sect1 Stepped Straight Pipe, to use with Current Borla Sect2 and SS Sport Muffler. The Borla Sect2 does a pretty good job of eliminating Drone/Rasp with current configuration based on others comments, on other sites. My goal is 70-80% performance over exhaust tone.

1) Has anyone run this, or a similar configuration, and if so, how is the RASP? Just curious, as even though this is geared more towards performance, I'd still like to have a pretty good idea/expectation of the exhaust tone.

2) Are there other Header and Section1 suggestions using the 70/80% performance goal that might be compatible with the performance of the SS with a more "controlled" tone? Looking at all options before I order.....
    Last edited by Flat-Six; 11-29-2020, 10:38 AM.

Euro headers is always a good option, I’m sure you already have considered this.

Comment

I went from Euro headers/Sec. 1/Stock Sec 2./SCZA and it was somewhat raspy, but really didn't mind it as it wasn't over the top. The smaller diameter thinner walled headers will give off more of a rasp sound compared to something like SS headers.
      I recently went to Ss headers/catted Sec 1 and the rasp def. went down.

If you go with euro headers maybe get a dual resonated Sec 1 if going catless or put in a resonated sec. 2 to help with the rasp.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

Thanks. Yes, I have looked at the Euro system. I'd like to go about 80% performance over sound, at least that's what I am thinking. Right now I am leaning towards the SS Stepped with the Stepped straight pipe sect1. I can always add the SS Stepped Cats sect1 later to tone it down a bit if needed. Also looking at SS Partial Stepped, as that gives me more sect1 options from what I read, as I could use the CPI Rasp Eliminator in Sect1, or Euro Cats????

Still reading/researching and learning.

Comment

If performance is more important than sound def. go with the v1 stepped. If sound is important different mufflers can tune it to your liking. The Ss 2.5" stuff isn't very raspy as compared to Euro headers and the like.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Working...
          X