Error code 143 E-box blower fan diagnosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error code 143 E-box blower fan diagnosing

My car consistently pulls a lingering Error code 143 regarding the E-box blower fan. Seems the code isn't that the fan failed but may be having unexpected current and could be on its way out?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Error 143 lingering fault.JPG
Views:	924
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	71295
    Read around and others have said the sign of failure is a chirping sound. I dont have such sounds, and the fuse should be good since it controls other stuff like the DME and the car drives fine. Wass going to replace w a new one but theyre very pricey, so another option someone did was to take part the blower fan and regrease the bearings; there was a thread for how to do this on the old M3F but well... yknow..

Anyone know how to go about this? And any tips I can diagnose the blower fan to nail down whats causing this error code? Really don't want the fan dying and end up cooking my DME ha.
    2004 CB/Cinnamon 6MT Coupe
    Instagram
    Youtube

Sorry to bump this but could use some advice or tips on how to go about dianosing this. I have my trim panel out and light and obd port harness hanging in my footwell and want to troubleshoot this error before I replace it again.
    Instagram
    Youtube

Comment

You can remove the Ebox fan itself pretty easily and then run 12V through it to see if the motor spins properly.

3 screws hold the white housing in the footwell, and the fan unplugs from the ebox side in the engine bay.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dl.m3 View Post
        You can remove the Ebox fan itself pretty easily and then run 12V through it to see if the motor spins properly.

3 screws hold the white housing in the footwell, and the fan unplugs from the ebox side in the engine bay.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
        Sounds like a good move, I'm down to try that. Silly, somewhat embarrassing, question: how do I run power to it after Ive removed it? Sorry I'm a complete wiring and electrical noob lol.
        Instagram
        Youtube

Comment

The proper way is to find a DC power supply into the ebox electric motor terminals, that's the only way I'd recommend for someone unfamiliar with electronics.

I can't recall but I think the car turns on the E-box fan for about 5 seconds on engine start-up, although I wanna say it doesn't always occur? Can't remember if it was temperature dependent. Hope someone else can chime in.

Comment

Working...
          X