Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best Double Din Radio Bracket/Bezel? Near OEM look...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the best Double Din Radio Bracket/Bezel? Near OEM look...

I am looking to go with an aftermarket double din radio - more than likely something audiophile grade with high fidelity since ive swapped out all my OEM speakers with new components + a 10" sub. But i want to find a bezel thats clean and has a near OEM look.

i already tried the AVIN Avant 4 and though I like the OEM look, the audio fidelity definitely isn't there so I'm going this route instead. Any suggestions for the cleanest retrofit kit would be ideal. Please let me know what you all suggest. i dont want to waste money, but i'm price elastic for the right solution. thanks!
    Last edited by umichchris; 01-13-2021, 04:14 PM.

I'm confused are you looking for an OEM looking headunit or an OEM looking bezel. Best bezel imo is the actual OEM bezel that comes standard on navigation cars.

Comment

Since we're on the subject, I was planning on sending in my OEM headunit and B54 amp to get repaired since I have the screetch of death every time I turn on the stereo, but I'm thinking of just going aftermarket and ditching the HK system in there now.

I have a 2003 E46 M3 with the navigation unit, do you have any links in terms of which double din and aftermarket speakers to utilize, I don't want to disturb the door cards and would like something that fits with little to no modification.

umichchris What aftermarket speakers and head unit did you go with? I prefer the OEM look if I can achieve that.

edit: after further research, it seems Luke from GAS has gone out of business or isn't building cross overs anymore. Apparently, I need a 5-channel aftermarket amplifier and a crossover unit, which was supplied by GAS in the past. Any idea what people are using now?
      Last edited by WestBankM4; 01-13-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Bezel. just looking for the best looking & fitting bezel option out there. i will be buying one of the better double din head units i can find...but trying to think ahead to a clean install.

Originally posted by Triqzy View Post
        I'm confused are you looking for an OEM looking headunit or an OEM looking bezel. Best bezel imo is the actual OEM bezel that comes standard on navigation cars.

Comment

i did a rather extensive overhaul. i went with Infinit Kappa Perfect component speakers in the front and rear. I also went with Infiniti Class D amplifiers for the 4 channel and mono channel for the sub. i pulled everything out of the door cars, removed the OEM wiring and ran new stuff. i think that might be a bit further down the rabbit hole than you may want to go though.

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
          Since we're on the subject, I was planning on sending in my OEM headunit and B54 amp to get repaired since I have the screetch of death every time I turn on the stereo, but I'm thinking of just going aftermarket and ditching the HK system in there now.

I have a 2003 E46 M3 with the navigation unit, do you have any links in terms of which double din and aftermarket speakers to utilize, I don't want to disturb the door cards and would like something that fits with little to no modification.

umichchris What aftermarket speakers and head unit did you go with? I prefer the OEM look if I can achieve that.

edit: after further research, it seems Luke from GAS has gone out of business or isn't building cross overs anymore. Apparently, I need a 5-channel aftermarket amplifier and a crossover unit, which was supplied by GAS in the past. Any idea what people are using now?

Comment

umichchris Thank you for the feedback, yeah I'm going to keep doing my research. In the meantime the S54 will suffice for a sound system.

Comment

Originally posted by umichchris View Post
              Bezel. just looking for the best looking & fitting bezel option out there. i will be buying one of the better double din head units i can find...but trying to think ahead to a clean install.
              I bought this bezel on ebay for a project I haven't gotten around to starting.

If you're super picky, I would say it's about an 85% match for a couple reasons.
              - It's black, while BMW parts are actually a very dark gray. This difference is even more apparent if your car's parts are oxidized and have that chalky white residue.
              - The texture is also close but not perfect.

What I do like is the opening is centered. Most of the bezels I found were asymmetrical.

I haven't tried fitting it yet, so I can't help you there.
              Last edited by elbert; 01-14-2021, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X