Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear Diffuser Experience, Advice and/or Input??!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remove the OEM diffuser, no more parachute effect!
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

Some relevant videos from Kyle on the topic of diffuser vs cutting bumper parachute vs flat floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
        Some relevant videos from Kyle on the topic of diffuser vs cutting bumper parachute vs flat floor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
        Totally not scientific but we had a very wet track weekend in October. When you looked at the wake of the air coming from the back of the bimmerworld diffuser it was peaking at nearly 4 feet above the roof of the car.

Another e46 with stock diffuser the wake reached the top of the bumper at the same spot on the track.

I think the BW diffuser is well designed and they are certainly taking full advantage of the single exit exhaust.

Could be better with a flat floor but would need several iterations of flat floor to get the trans and diff cooling dialed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would advise anyone that wants to do this, build it out of cardboard first. You'll be shocked how many times you'll modify it before settling on a final version. I'm just about to start making the bottom of the car flat with some aluminum. I'll be leaving the center of the car open so the exhaust, gearbox, and diff can breathe. I'm not sure yet what I'll do for a diffuser as the varis one I want has a 10 month lead time and is crazy expensive. The custom one I have for my ZHP extended forward of the diff and is too aggressive for what I want on the M3
          ​​​

Comment

Working...
          X