ID:	80058 Click image for larger version

Name:	29F6AE22-D6BC-4851-AD95-5ED9BBF05863.png
Views:	586
Size:	296.5 KB
ID:	80057 Click image for larger version

Name:	B4DA9879-2203-437E-AA38-A59E4F816800.png
Views:	537
Size:	440.2 KB
ID:	80061 While browsing on Instagram, I noticed this shop say the euro bumper shocks are shorter by 9mm than US version. Why are euro ones shorter?

After cutting the US version by 9mm, the fender to bumper fitment looks 100% better. I noticed many csl bumpers, even factory ones have this issue where it looks to be too far forward.

Attached Files

Looks like the euro ones they are saying to use are rated to 4KM/H while the US spec ones are 8 KM/H.

Comment

i have stock US bumper shocks and they did not fit with the status gruppe CSL bumper i have. they are too long. I was told to get CSL ones which have the same part# as the standard EURO one. i ordered a pair off schiedmann and it has the correct CSL/Euro part#.. i compared them side by side to my US bumper shocks from a 330i sedan. Same exact length no difference at all. was so annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
        i have stock US bumper shocks and they did not fit with the status gruppe CSL bumper i have. they are too long. I was told to get CSL ones which have the same part# as the standard EURO one. i ordered a pair off schiedmann and it has the correct CSL/Euro part#.. i compared them side by side to my US bumper shocks from a 330i sedan. Same exact length no difference at all. was so annoyed.
        Dammit, I just ordered used euro shocks lol. They’re different part #’s too vs US ones. Guess I’ll see for myself.

btw I used US shocks on my SGT bumper and bumper fitment was perfect.

Comment

Euro part# are 51118195297 & 51118195298 and US part# are 51118195301 & 51118195302

planning on buying MileEnd bumper (whenever he starts selling again) and want to make sure everything is in order.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post

Dammit, I just ordered used euro shocks lol. They’re different part #’s too vs US ones. Guess I’ll see for myself.

btw I used US shocks on my SGT bumper and bumper fitment was perfect.
            mine didnt. first they had to send me instructions on how to trim the TOP and BOTTOM of the front knuckle that the ASA bolt passes through.that was just to get the knuckle to fit INTO the built in bumper reinforcement bar. then once i did that, the bumper did not line up with the holes i the shocks. when i lined the holes and slid the bolts in, the bumper sat too gar forward and when i removed the bolts and slid the bumper into perfect fitment.. the holes in the bumper shocks no longer lined up with the built in reinforcement bar. i would have had to either drill holes in the shocks to relieve pressure to push them in or cut them and reweld them shorter.

i chose to just have the bumper slid into place and used securing screws in the side slider brackets and screws in the bottom porkchop splash shields to keep it in place.

when i told Mike from STG about that he said thats how his was and he had no issues with it. i dont like it but that how it is for me now.

i wanted so badly for the euro shocks to work for me but when i got them i saw they were literally the same length as the US shocks and i even test fit them and had the same results.

hopefully you have better luck.

Comment

i chose to just have the bumper slid into place and used securing screws in the side slider brackets and screws in the bottom porkchop splash shields to keep it in place.
              did you use the oem splash shields? Mine came up short on my SG bumper, so to prevent them from just flapping around, i cut little plastic rectangles with some washers to level the 2 adjoining sides.....and drilled holes on either side, & screwed it in. My bumper is basically held in by this, the slider brackets & drilled in a screw into the white adjustment brackets under the headlights.

Untitled by anthony esmilla, on Flickr
              Last edited by antknee; 01-20-2021, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post

did you use the oem splash shields? Mine came up short on my SG bumper, so to prevent them from just flapping around, i cut little plastic rectangles with some washers to level the 2 adjoining sides.....and drilled holes on either side, & screwed it in. My bumper is basically held in by this, the slider brackets & drilled in a screw into the white adjustment bracket under the headlight.

yup exactly how I did mine lol thats funny. great minds think alike!

Comment

yup exactly how I did mine lol thats funny. great minds think alike!
                  ha! thats awesome!

Comment

Neither of you are using the bumper shocks to secure your SGT bumpers? Damn I must’ve gotten lucky idk how mine lines up the way it did

Comment

Neither of you are using the bumper shocks to secure your SGT bumpers? Damn I must’ve gotten lucky idk how mine lines up the way it did
                      nah i'm not. When i got my SG bumper, the backside looked like it was gutted out....so i'm not even sure how it was supposed to attach to the bumper shocks. I have a Kevlar brace too, so i think it was even more complicated.

Comment

Originally posted by antknee View Post

nah i'm not. When i got my SG bumper, the backside looked like it was gutted out....so i'm not even sure how it was supposed to attach to the bumper shocks. I have a Kevlar brace too, so i think it was even more complicated.
                        I see. You didn’t buy the suggested parts to convert to aluminum. Well props for creativity. I had Kevlar too but converted.

Comment

I am fairly certain on carbon kevlar cars, the Mile End bumper works with the factory US bumper shocks. I asked MileEnd when I bought mine.

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                          2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

I see. You didn’t buy the suggested parts to convert to aluminum. Well props for creativity. I had Kevlar too but converted.
                            nope....still running the kevlar support, shocks & late model washer tank. I literally removed my stock bumper and fought with this bumper for a bit but managed to get it on and line everything up. It was already on 2 other cars in the past, so someone along the line was able to modify it enough to work.

Comment

I retrofitted aluminum support instead of Kevlar on my car due to a better figment and support with my intercooler.
                              used aluminum support, the plastic bracket behind the bumper cover and shocks from a 3 series and it does look a few mm off.
                              was planning on cutting them and welding it back a little shorter.

Comment

Working...
                              X