E6: DME Electric Throttle Setpoint/Actual Value Deviation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E6: DME Electric Throttle Setpoint/Actual Value Deviation

This fault (E6: DME Electric Throttle Setpoint/Actual Value Deviation) has appeared twice now. First time several months ago, and I just cleared it. Came back on at the end of a 400 mile drive last week. No noticeable change in throttle feel or performance. Anyone experienced this?

Most likeky a failing throttle sensor or loose connection. There's 3 sensors, 2 under the hood and one on the gas pedal. The dme uses all 3 and compares them. If one or both sensors under the hood aren't reading correctly in relation to the the gas pedal sensor it will throw the fault. You won't expierence issues unless the car goes into limp mode, which it can with that fault.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

How do I determine which sensor is bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Flat-Six View Post
        How do I determine which sensor is bad?
        Click image for larger version  Name:	funny-security-cam-fail-payback.gif Views:	0 Size:	858.7 KB ID:	80957
        Throw parts at it unless someone knows where each TPS can be read individually. If you can view a live data log through a scan tool, turn the key on and slowly do a TPS sweep. See where it drops off. If it's smooth, you can read the voltage at each sensor but you'd have to tap into the connector(damaging the rubber seals) or make your own pin out harness with the right connectors.
        Last edited by Arith2; 01-24-2021, 05:34 AM.
        This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
        https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

IIRC e6 corresponds to p0121, which is the front tps above the oil filter. Under #4 TB is p0221, etc. Measure it with Ohm meter, you should see smooth operation and no spikes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
            IIRC e6 corresponds to p0121, which is the front tps above the oil filter. Under #4 TB is p0221, etc. Measure it with Ohm meter, you should see smooth operation and no spikes.
            So there IS more to these codes than just "throw parts at it until it magically fixes itself"!
            Thank you for this info. Is there a global code decoder for these things? I have the Schwaben cheapo BMW/Mini scanner and it gives me odd codes like the most recent ones:
            76, 78, B3 (I know that one's my cat), & E6 - which you have deduced to be the TPS near the oil filter :-).
            Thanks so much for your expertise!

Comment

Working...
            X