Originally posted by AvusM5 View Post
        My boring spec
        that is clean though. how many miles?
        2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

Originally posted by lemoose View Post

that is clean though. how many miles?
          Thank you lemoose! It just crossed over 73k so still relatively low miles. One of the first things I did after buying the M3 was replace the center console and some of the other touch points. Made a big difference in freshening up the interior.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post

WOW WOW WOW tell me more. Those must be PP ABE to get the seat belt receptacles through the side bolsters? What mounts/sliders?

Comment

Originally posted by OEM3 View Post

WOW WOW WOW tell me more. Those must be PP ABE to get the seat belt receptacles through the side bolsters? What mounts/sliders?
                Yes these are Pole Position ABE. Not available in North America directly, you need to source them from a German / Euro rep. I bought manual seats from a base E46 at a junkyard, removed the rails / refinished them and then mounted them to Brey Krause OE style mounts.

Comment

My wife says it reminds her of her dads 1990s corporate cubicle… but hey, it’s a clean gray interior.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BE84C9E4-6992-46D9-92FC-1649EED4AC5D.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	149.5 KB ID:	128796
                  Last edited by Doost; 09-26-2021, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Im thinking about redoing my Recaros with the M-texture. Did a quick google search and found this

Have you guys heard anything about this website?
                    It says in the description that theres alacantara in it, i thought M-texture was cloth

Comment

It has always been alcantara.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by RawS54 View Post
                        Im thinking about redoing my Recaros with the M-texture. Did a quick google search and found this
                        Reproduction of E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" fabricThis fabric is extremely high quality meeting all ISO safety and quality standards for UV resistance, fire protection and more It includes the perforated square Alcantara layer adhered over the top backing fabric and a foam layer underneath, just like OE A faithful reproduction of the original E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" material ( E46 M3 F2AT and E39 M5 F2 interiors BMW part number 51922698028 ) Now available by the footInternational shipping rates will calculate at checkout The width of the material is 58"Buying one foot gives you 12" x 58"Buying three feet gives you 36" x 58" Orders will ship as one continuous pieceie. if you order 6 feet you will receive a single segment which is 6 feet long and 58" tall For those who use metricThe width of the material is 1.47 metersBuying 1 foot gives you .30 meter x 1.47 metersBuying 3 feet gives you .91 meter x 1.47 meters Ships from the US and arrives to most locations within 5-6 days after the order is placed!

It says in the description that theres alacantara in it, i thought M-texture was cloth
                        Does OEM M-Texture also have squared holes that aren't fully filled in with color like the in that picture? I've never seen it in person.
                        2003.5 ///M3 - Laguna Seca Blue - Black - SMG Delete

Comment

Reproduction of E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" fabricThis fabric is extremely high quality meeting all ISO safety and quality standards for UV resistance, fire protection and more It includes the perforated square Alcantara layer adhered over the top backing fabric and a foam layer underneath, just like OE A faithful reproduction of the original E46 M3 and E39 M5 "M Texture" material ( E46 M3 F2AT and E39 M5 F2 interiors BMW part number 51922698028 ) Now available by the footInternational shipping rates will calculate at checkout The width of the material is 58"Buying one foot gives you 12" x 58"Buying three feet gives you 36" x 58" Orders will ship as one continuous pieceie. if you order 6 feet you will receive a single segment which is 6 feet long and 58" tall For those who use metricThe width of the material is 1.47 metersBuying 1 foot gives you .30 meter x 1.47 metersBuying 3 feet gives you .91 meter x 1.47 meters Ships from the US and arrives to most locations within 5-6 days after the order is placed!

Yes, recreation of the original fabric been around for a while. M texture is a three layer fabric. Foam, the tartan M style cloth, and then the square perforated alcantara. Why would you do recaros in m texture if the rest of your interior wasn't m texture as well? Would look very strange. Here are a couple photos of my PP ABE's done in M tex to match the rest of my interior.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173855.jpg Views:	400 Size:	222.5 KB ID:	128818

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173915.jpg Views:	408 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	128817
                          Last edited by Thoglan; 09-27-2022, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sina View Post

Does OEM M-Texture also have squared holes that aren't fully filled in with color like the in that picture? I've never seen it in person.
                            Yes. It is a tartan style cloth underneath so having areas where it's doesn't have colour underneath is a given. Although there is some subtle colours in the background it's not just black. As far as I can tell the reproduction fabric is pretty much a 1:1 replica of the original material. any differences between it and the original material are pretty much entirely due to wear on the original materials that it is compared with. If you are really picky, the top alcantara layer is maybe slightly different. Thicker by a fraction maybe? But I've been told this is due to the OEM manufacturer of the alcantara changing their process around 2010.

Comment

The website isn't exactly clear on pricing - is $75 for a 12"x58" ?

Originally posted by sina View Post

I believe so based on the detailed pictures posted here which is allegedly a factory M-texture interior:

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

Yes, very good recreation of the original fabric been around for a while. M texture is a three layer fabric. Foam, the tartan M style cloth, and then the square perforated alcantara. Why would you do recaros in m texture if the rest of your interior wasn't m texture as well? Would look very strange. Here are a couple photos of my PP ABE's done in M tex to match the rest of my interior.
                                Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173855.jpg Views:	27 Size:	222.5 KB ID:	128818

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210810_173915.jpg Views:	27 Size:	230.4 KB ID:	128817
                                I plan on getting CSL door cards and the rear seats are out. Something different I guess, i dont want all black. Right now I have spg XLs and was thinking about doing what youre doing.
                                Never dealt with alcantara seats, how do you care of them?
                                Last edited by RawS54; 09-26-2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X