Shifter boot options? for ZHP weighted knob - E46 m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shifter boot options? for ZHP weighted knob - E46 m3

Whats out there? I'd love a cinnamon leather shift boot but i cant find one.... im wondering if i should just cut away the existing shifter boot from the stock knob and either glue it to the smaller weighted one. Let me know the options please.

Why would you glue it? You just cut it, wrap a zip tie around it and flip it over itself. Once you put the knob on it hides all the wrinkles etc.

Cinnamon is gonna be a stretch, I've never seen OE extended bits outside my own and LeatherZ doesn't make them anymore so it would have to be made custom.
    2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 BMW ///M3
    Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
    2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
    2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
    2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

There’s a guy named Anthony who could custom dye a cinnamon one. I’m guessing it’ll be around 100-200. Just supply an OE leather boot. Also no need to glue. Zip tie works perfect then put the Zhp knob over it

Comment

Originally posted by M3Ollie View Post
        im wondering if i should just cut away the existing shifter boot from the stock knob
        This is what i did and it looks really clean. A caveat is that you might need to peel some extra leather from the original knob before you cut it off. This way you wont run out of "slack" in your boot. Especially when youre throwing 5th gear. And as Sharocks noted, no need for glue. Ziptie or any "tie" is sufficient
        Last edited by yhp2009; 02-23-2021, 05:05 AM.

Comment

I apppreciate it guys thank you I obviously prefer not to glue and will do the zip tie method. Just wondering what people were doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
            Why would you glue it? You just cut it, wrap a zip tie around it and flip it over itself. Once you put the knob on it hides all the wrinkles etc.

Cinnamon is gonna be a stretch, I've never seen OE extended bits outside my own and LeatherZ doesn't make them anymore so it would have to be made custom.
            how far down should be cut ?

Comment

Originally posted by y2k_o__o View Post

how far down should be cut ?
              For the stock boot? Right after the shift knob ends.
              2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 BMW ///M3
              Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
              2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
              2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
              2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X