Part identification/number help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part identification/number help

I am missing presumably an expanding rivet or something similar that holds the "surround" or liner around the brake servo area to the firewall.
    Having trouble comming up with what this "surround" is called let alone a part number for the piece I am missing. Thanks for any clues!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210220_155440.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	87578
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

I took mine out, then dropped it somewhere I couldn't find so I ordered a new one. I believe it's part 16 in this diagram.

Comment

Originally posted by timmo View Post
      I took mine out, then dropped it somewhere I couldn't find so I ordered a new one. I believe it's part 16 in this diagram.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-lock-51718204904
      Awesome, thanks so much! Went to the dealership today to pick up some random stuff and I forgot about this part until I got there. Spent some time trying to find it online in the parking lot but no dice.

Instagram

Comment

Yeah that was an odd one. BMW actually as two part numbers for that part. I ordered one and it didn't lock in very tight like the original. It popped out and so I bought another one. I ended up swapping it with another (lock pin) used in that area (by strut tower) and put the new one in it's place. The other one in that area isn't under as much tension so it was fine. The originals are actually closer to the 3 used on the fresh air rain cover.
        So if they're still inexpensive you might want to consider buying one of each??
        6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
          Yeah that was an odd one. BMW actually as two part numbers for that part. I ordered one and it didn't lock in very tight like the original. It popped out and so I bought another one. I ended up swapping it with another (lock pin) used in that area (by strut tower) and put the new one in it's place. The other one in that area isn't under as much tension so it was fine. The originals are actually closer to the 3 used on the fresh air rain cover.
          Is this the one by the strut tower you are referring to?
          It looks like the one timmo listed. I see the clip goes through the hole and metal prongs hold it whereas the hole in my picture it looks like some type of white plastic on the reverse of the hole, hard to tell though.

What is the proper name for the part that these clips I need hold?

Name:	20210226_175218.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	87596

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by oldFanatic View Post
            Uh oh. I ordered mine back in November but my car is in winter storage so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. I guess come April I'll know

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
              Is this the one by the strut tower you are referring to?
              It looks like the one timmo listed. I see the clip goes through the hole and metal prongs hold it whereas the hole in my picture it looks like some type of white plastic on the reverse of the hole, hard to tell though.

What is the proper name for the part that these clips I need hold?
              Yeah that's it. That panel shows it takes two in the ETK. But for some reason it has two part numbers for the same part (unknown why) and it doesn't look like one was updated because then it would show "superseded".

You asking what that panel is called that it holds? Acording to the ETK it's just called Top Left Engine Compartment Bulkhead.

I'll look in my extra OE parts grab bag and see if I have one in bag with part number to compare it to the other. It's close but think one was either longer or the twist of the lock pin shaft was slightly different.
              6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Ok sorry I could only find the one. For what it’s worth here is 51.71.8.215.962

Name:	E604DA62-EDC2-4E08-92BA-CF8FFE701511.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	89519

Comment

Working...
                X