Aluminum to Kevlar rebar conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum to Kevlar rebar conversion

Do these Kevlar rebars mount to the front the same way the bumper shocks for the aluminum bars do?

I’m going back to Kevlar. Want to make sure I have everything. I know I’m missing two suction cups for the inner foam (might just use the two I have). Thanks!

Originally posted by Toby22 View Post
    Do these Kevlar rebars mount to the front the same way the bumper shocks for the aluminum bars do?

I’m going back to Kevlar. Want to make sure I have everything. I know I’m missing two suction cups for the inner foam (might just use the two I have). Thanks!
    It's actually pretty different and if you're missing suction cups or the foam, I would just stay with the aluminum. My ZHP sedan has the aluminum mount (same as m3 pre 9/02) and the M3 has kevlar. Honestly I prefer the aluminum every time. Mounting takes a few more minutes, but honestly there's so much less bs to deal with in terms of bumper fitment in general that I plan to convert to aluminum on my m3 when I get a euro bumper in the future.
    2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
    2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post

It's actually pretty different and if you're missing suction cups or the foam, I would just stay with the aluminum. My ZHP sedan has the aluminum mount (same as m3 pre 9/02) and the M3 has kevlar. Honestly I prefer the aluminum every time. Mounting takes a few more minutes, but honestly there's so much less bs to deal with in terms of bumper fitment in general that I plan to convert to aluminum on my m3 when I get a euro bumper in the future.
      I got everything now. Suction cups and all.

Now I’m wondering what secures the kevlar mount to the car? I notice two little slots on each mount pictured below. Anyone know what goes there? Is it # 14 and 15 on realoem pictured below?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Toby22; 03-07-2021, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Just a heads up for anyone doing this one way or another for front bumpers... the supports can be swapped but the front bumpers are not compatible and you would need the appropriate bumper for the support you select. For the rear this is not an issue.
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Working...
        X