Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experiences with turner front control arm monoball upgrade? Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching this video, looks like too soft. 馃

Comment

I hated them
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        I hated them
        Any more details as to why? Might help someone else decide as well.

Comment

I just installed the Turner FCAB and RTAB monoballs. They worked great at the trunk. Much better feel and more consistent when going over bumps with the car loaded up. I dialed out some toe in at the rear which really made a difference. Happy!

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
            I just installed the Turner FCAB and RTAB monoballs. They worked great at the trunk. Much better feel and more consistent when going over bumps with the car loaded up. I dialed out some toe in at the rear which really made a difference. Happy!
            how's the NVH? The last time I serviced these two item anything other than OE in the FCAB was determined to add too much NVH. I have powerflex in the RTAB, but would definitely be willing to replace them for either NVH or performance reasons, if NVH isn't worse.

Comment

My car has no interior in it with BW race exhaust. I have no idea how much NVH they add. They certainly make the car handle better at the limit of grip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

HA!

well....I guess you're not the best person to ask about that then. Any input on NVH of these items on a street car would be lovely.

Comment

With the BW race exhaust I bet you could fire a gun off in the back seat and no one would notice "NVH"
                  '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Was going to say I鈥檒l update this with my feedback but my order just got delayed from early April until August. Looks like I鈥檒l be going a different route or stock for now.

Comment

I didn't notice any difference NVH when changing from Turner FCAB monoballs to the Bimmerworld TrackCAB.

Comment

I鈥檇 stick with stock and wait for the monoball.

I鈥檝e had poly RTABs and FCABs.

The poly RTABs kept squeaking. Even with trials of anti-seize and then wheel bearing grease. It is tempting because the poly is easy to install.

Powerflex FCABs in the M3...melted after 2 track days. Luckily nothing happened. I just can鈥檛 trust poly in that location after that experience.

I had PF FCABs on my E46 330 for many years with good results. I liked them but you still need to occasionally service them (remove, clean and grease). Then what鈥檚 the point? Just get the Turner monoball that is easily serviceable without removing.

The metaphor I use for poly is it鈥檚 like getting kicked in both balls. OE rubber is compliant and wears. Solid or spherical is harsh but long lasting. Poly is compliant, wears, harsher and doesn鈥檛 last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have been running Turner Monoball fcab for a year now. Very happy with them specially on the track, much better turn in handling at the limit, also noticed much better tire wear as well since I started running these. There not much nvh if any increase on the street IMO. I would stay away from poly in fcab location had experience with AKg and power flex, both failed miserably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Radekxpl View Post
                            Have been running Turner Monoball fcab for a year now. Very happy with them specially on the track, much better turn in handling at the limit, also noticed much better tire wear as well since I started running these. There not much nvh if any increase on the street IMO. I would stay away from poly in fcab location had experience with AKg and power flex, both failed miserably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            yeah I decided poly wasn鈥檛 an option awhile ago. Probably just go with stock and get the turner ones next year or end of season.

Comment

Working...
                            X