Front sway bar drop links

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front sway bar drop links

I have posted a few times regarding harshness on M3 vert suspension and I think I have it figured out. I was playing around with the suspension parts and had some of them out. While putting things back together I noticed that the boot was torn on the upper ball joint on the drop links on the front sway bar. I bought new ones and put them on and this seems to have made quite a difference. The old ones are now in the transfer station so I cannot assess them and did not think to check them out before I threw them out. I wonder if the top ball joint was frozen and this was limiting the travel on my front struts. The car feels much better now and I can feel the suspension actually working. Before it just felt dead. If my dampers are not as tight as new they are certainly not blown and car handles quite well now. Has anyone else ever noticed this? It seems odd that this could be the case but there is a distinct difference between before and after. One of the best $35 I have ever spent on this car. It is still quite stiffly sprung and I may still go to Koni sports. Will definitely replace the front Michelin A/S 3 with the Contis DWS 06 but for now it feels like the car is driving the way it is supposed to. Let me know if anyone else has experienced this or something similar
Working...
X