Originally posted by Cubieman
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Karbonius
Collapse
X
-
Huh, I guess I always just assumed they wouldn't bother. I've been using foam molding to fill up the space, but if Karbonius is willing to fix / exchange the airbox, that'd probably be worth it.
-
I thought the ITG filter was letting debris into the filtered section due to fitment issues but instead my airbox itself had the fitment issue and was of debris behind the air filter which Karbonious has since corrected in future production runs and will fix mine if I send it back to them.Originally posted by Mattn1192 View PostWhat made you change?
- Likes 1
Leave a comment:
-
I saw some posts saying that you get more sound from the OEM filter than the ITG filter. Any truth to that?
Leave a comment:
-
Even with a non-CSL bumper I would think that the snorkel or Race version of the airbox would run a bit cooler, this is one reason I sold my Turner box.Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
Will it still run as strong without it?
Even with a US bumper and not creating any sort of ducting the Snorkel is ~8" from the top hole on the brake duct so can't help but think this would aid in getting cooler air to the engine. So in MY mind the snorkel with or without the flap or race version would be better than the standard version without the snorkel as far as IATs go.
It would be interesting to log IATs with and without snorkel on a US bumper.
Also, here is some shots of the CSL ducting just because.
- Likes 3
Leave a comment:
-
When buying a CSL airbox from Karbonius, you don’t HAVE to buy a snorkel right?
Leave a comment:
-
Correct, the only duct I'm running is the kidney duct. My brake ducts are 100% functional brake ducts, that do nothing else :POriginally posted by repoman89 View Post
Yeah, the flap is a pretty significant contributor to the complexity of the project too. I put in all the effort to add it in and now I have it programmed to be always open in sport mode (both modes have throttle pedal remapped to my preference, which is basically linear). There is no drivability difference compared to my comfort mode, which uses stock CSL sport mode flap settings. At least two local shops who see a lot of conversions have been really impressed with how well it drives ... I put it down to the PCS tune and MAP sensor. I always run the car in flap open mode, so it was kind of a waste of effort. I'd do the race style next time and skip modifying the DME and adding the extra wiring.
So the only cold air ducting you run is the kidney grille piece? Nothing from the fake brake duct area?
Leave a comment:
-
I must admit I did the flap mostly because I thought it would be neat to have it functional and I needed a project, but I did remember feeling a little better response off the line with the flap closed until about 3Kish where I have it set.
I might be fooling myself though just so I can tell myself it was worthwhile to string 5 more wires to the DME, who knows.
My memory can't be trusted sometimes unfortunately.
Leave a comment:
-
Yes they had the v1 version and the race version last time I spoke to themOriginally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
I was just told they will have 1 or 2 of them available in 3-4 weeks. Unless someone buys them now.
Leave a comment:


Leave a comment: