Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karbonius

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bmw
    replied
    Originally posted by keljos View Post

    RIP your inbox
    You weren't joking 🤣

    Leave a comment:


  • mtpktz
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw View Post
    If anyone wants a Karbonius intake, I have one I am thinking about selling.
    I bought it during the original group buy on m3f
    It is "brand new old stock" as I used it as an object of art rather than putting it in a car
    Moved a few years ago and don't have a good spot for it anymore, probably more useful to someone here than sitting in my closet.
    I will eventually create a for sale thread but PM me if interested, might beat waiting till next January to get one.
    PM’d


    Leave a comment:


  • keljos
    replied
    Originally posted by bmw View Post
    If anyone wants a Karbonius intake, I have one I am thinking about selling.
    I bought it during the original group buy on m3f
    It is "brand new old stock" as I used it as an object of art rather than putting it in a car
    Moved a few years ago and don't have a good spot for it anymore, probably more useful to someone here than sitting in my closet.
    No clue how to price it, open to offers. I will create a for sale thread in the appropriate place but PM me if interested.
    RIP your inbox

    Leave a comment:


  • bmw
    replied
    If anyone wants a Karbonius intake, I have one I am thinking about selling.
    I bought it during the original group buy on m3f
    It is "brand new old stock" as I used it as an object of art rather than putting it in a car
    Moved a few years ago and don't have a good spot for it anymore, probably more useful to someone here than sitting in my closet.
    I will eventually create a for sale thread but PM me if interested, might beat waiting till next January to get one.
    Last edited by bmw; 09-10-2021, 07:01 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • sleeks
    replied
    Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
    Will there be no more Karbonius CSL intake group buys? I would like to buy two, but I’ll be in less pain if I can get them at a discounted price.
    Probably not on the airbox. It’s their biggest seller. They don’t need to discount it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • SQ13
    replied
    Will there be no more Karbonius CSL intake group buys? I would like to buy two, but I’ll be in less pain if I can get them at a discounted price.

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
    That insulation kit is offensive to the beauty of the cf weave

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Can't say I disagree, was hoping someone had a pic of it to see how hidden it is or is not.

    Leave a comment:


  • Phoenix///M3
    replied
    That insulation kit is offensive to the beauty of the cf weave

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Casa de Mesa
    replied
    Obioban or anyone else who happens to be running the Race version with the built in snorkel. All weekend, I've been hovering over the buy button on the Karbonius site for both an airbox and a trunk (for the $500 in shipping of that trunk per this thread, I figure might as well get an airbox shipped).

    MY QUESTIONS:
    1. Are you running any sort of ducting to the box to direct cold air? Ian, you said you were just running ducting from the kidney grills earlier in this thread. Is it just the factory duct work or something more complicated / custom?

    Reason I ask - it *seems* like with the "regular" Karbonius CSL carbon box that you could get cooler air to that box more easily, given the provisions that exist via ideas in this thread and others. With the Race version, the opening at the bottom of that snorkel is quite wide, so getting cooler air to it seems (again... seems) like it might be more challenging. If I went with the regular Karb CSL box, I'd use their carbon snorkel.
    2. Is anyone running their heat insulation kit? Don't love the look of it, but seems like a really great way to mitigate some of the heat soak issues mentioned in this thread, in particular post #49 by Anri.

    Sorry for all the hyperlinked content. Hoping they help others in the future researching this...

    -Casa

    Leave a comment:


  • jet_dogg
    replied
    Speaking of which, Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	0 Size:	160.6 KB ID:	110147

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Slideways View Post

    It is most evident when moving the car in first or reverse with little to no throttle (starts after cold start sequence has ended where the RPMs stabilize at 950).
    Exactly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Slideways
    replied
    Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
    I don’t have that. I was willing to accept compromises such as that when first making the modifications but was pleased to end up with excellent low speed/low RPM behaviors. Credit needs to be given when credit is due which I mentioned prior.
    Two of the cars were using a PCS tune, but it happened even with the stock CSL tune. With the MAF, they responded normally with a one up and down of the rev needle. The CSL has this two up and down as the clutch is engaged and it picks up after the second RPM surge. It is most evident when moving the car in first or reverse with little to no throttle (starts after cold start sequence has ended where the RPMs stabilize at 950).

    Leave a comment:


  • jbfrancis3
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

    Did you get a dyno tune and/or use AFR/datalog or simply a canned tune? I need to use BMWlogger and send some data to Hassan to see if this can be reminded.
    Part of me wants to throw parts at it (TPS) as I will have the airbox off soon and would gain access the harder of the TPS's. I would like to at least test the TPS's with a multimeter if the values are known.
    Eventually, dyno tune with AFRs logged on the runs. But really, the sessions benefitted the power pulls. I began with the tuner's 'base' tune which still reflects a lot development and years of tweaking. For the tuners here, it wouldn't be fair to call it a canned tune.

    My view is this all falls under the category of some challenges (but addressable) that creep up when moving over to a CSL type airbox. I truly don't believe replacing a TPS or related parts will do anything, but as you know I'm at the opposite end of being an expert. Point I am trying to make is I have experienced variability across different tuners and then within those tunes, variability when a tuner changes a parameter or two, and well within the symptoms you experience. My journey was Kassel > FSTuning > PCS.

    Leave a comment:


  • repoman89
    replied
    Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
    I don’t have that. I was willing to accept compromises such as that when first making the modifications but was pleased to end up with excellent low speed/low RPM behaviors. Credit needs to be given when credit is due which I mentioned prior.
    I don’t have it either, same tuner.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
    I don’t have that. I was willing to accept compromises such as that when first making the modifications but was pleased to end up with excellent low speed/low RPM behaviors. Credit needs to be given when credit is due which I mentioned prior.
    Did you get a dyno tune and/or use AFR/datalog or simply a canned tune? I need to use BMWlogger and send some data to Hassan to see if this can be resolved.
    Part of me wants to throw parts at it (TPS) as I will have the airbox off soon and would gain access the harder of the TPS's. I would like to at least test the TPS's with a multimeter if the values are known.
    Last edited by Cubieman; 06-10-2021, 03:13 PM. Reason: Typo.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X