Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Karbonius

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • terra
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

    I thought the ITG filter was letting debris into the filtered section due to fitment issues but instead my airbox itself had the fitment issue and was of debris behind the air filter which Karbonious has since corrected in future production runs and will fix mine if I send it back to them.
    Huh, I guess I always just assumed they wouldn't bother. I've been using foam molding to fill up the space, but if Karbonius is willing to fix / exchange the airbox, that'd probably be worth it.

    Leave a comment:


  • jet_dogg
    replied
    Good to hear re: the change looking forward to it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
    What made you change?
    I thought the ITG filter was letting debris into the filtered section due to fitment issues but instead my airbox itself had the fitment issue and was of debris behind the air filter which Karbonious has since corrected in future production runs and will fix mine if I send it back to them.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mattn1192
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

    I started with ITG and now run OEM filter and haven't noticed a difference.
    What made you change?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
    I saw some posts saying that you get more sound from the OEM filter than the ITG filter. Any truth to that?
    I started with ITG and now run OEM filter and haven't noticed a difference.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mattn1192
    replied
    I saw some posts saying that you get more sound from the OEM filter than the ITG filter. Any truth to that?

    Leave a comment:


  • jet_dogg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post
    So in MY mind the snorkel with or without the flap or race version would be better than the standard version without the snorkel as far as IATs go.
    Plus it looks better

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

    Will it still run as strong without it?
    Even with a non-CSL bumper I would think that the snorkel or Race version of the airbox would run a bit cooler, this is one reason I sold my Turner box.
    Even with a US bumper and not creating any sort of ducting the Snorkel is ~8" from the top hole on the brake duct so can't help but think this would aid in getting cooler air to the engine. So in MY mind the snorkel with or without the flap or race version would be better than the standard version without the snorkel as far as IATs go.

    It would be interesting to log IATs with and without snorkel on a US bumper.


    Also, here is some shots of the CSL ducting just because.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210602-090854_Office Mobile.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	108523 Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210602-090906_Office Mobile.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	108524

    Leave a comment:


  • Mattn1192
    replied
    Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

    Correct.
    Will it still run as strong without it?

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post
    When buying a CSL airbox from Karbonius, you don’t HAVE to buy a snorkel right?
    Correct.

    Leave a comment:


  • Mattn1192
    replied
    When buying a CSL airbox from Karbonius, you don’t HAVE to buy a snorkel right?

    Leave a comment:


  • Obioban
    replied
    Originally posted by repoman89 View Post

    Yeah, the flap is a pretty significant contributor to the complexity of the project too. I put in all the effort to add it in and now I have it programmed to be always open in sport mode (both modes have throttle pedal remapped to my preference, which is basically linear). There is no drivability difference compared to my comfort mode, which uses stock CSL sport mode flap settings. At least two local shops who see a lot of conversions have been really impressed with how well it drives ... I put it down to the PCS tune and MAP sensor. I always run the car in flap open mode, so it was kind of a waste of effort. I'd do the race style next time and skip modifying the DME and adding the extra wiring.

    So the only cold air ducting you run is the kidney grille piece? Nothing from the fake brake duct area?
    Correct, the only duct I'm running is the kidney duct. My brake ducts are 100% functional brake ducts, that do nothing else :P

    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_24482.jpg Views:	8 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	108506

    Click image for larger version

Name:	asdfa.jpg
Views:	768
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	108508

    Leave a comment:


  • Cubieman
    replied
    I must admit I did the flap mostly because I thought it would be neat to have it functional and I needed a project, but I did remember feeling a little better response off the line with the flap closed until about 3Kish where I have it set.
    I might be fooling myself though just so I can tell myself it was worthwhile to string 5 more wires to the DME, who knows. My memory can't be trusted sometimes unfortunately.

    Leave a comment:


  • Stack
    replied
    Originally posted by Mattn1192 View Post

    This the one you’re referring to?
    https://www.apmotorsport.co.uk/produ...bonius-v2-race
    Yes they had the v1 version and the race version last time I spoke to them


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Leave a comment:


  • Mattn1192
    replied
    I was just told they will have 1 or 2 of them available in 3-4 weeks. Unless someone buys them now.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X