No announcement yet.

APEX Wheel Design Style Survey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Luckily there are plenty of wheel options so none of this matters. I just don't like their approach. Also it was super wack how Apex put BimmerWorld and Titan7 on blast over a certification technicality when they launched their forged wheels. That was unprofessional (BW is a huge retailer of Apex products??? WTF???) They should have just let their product do the talking. James and his team (and also Eddie and the guys at T7) are stand up guys so that shit rubbed me the wrong way. This all adds up to that's gonna be a no from me dawg.
    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Also IMO something like a high end trunk lid or airbox is different, because the goal is to increase the quality, not just make something cheap.
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
        You can argue what you want, none of my points are invalid.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "premium" and "US based" while transferring money to china bit though.
        Not saying your points are invalid I'm saying they directly apply to a company like karbonius

And I'm not sure what kind of company you think Apex is but they as well as the owner/founder is California based using what I'm assuming is overseas mfg

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
          Also it was super wack how Apex put BimmerWorld and Titan7 on blast over a certification technicality when they launched their forged wheels. That was unprofessional (BW is a huge retailer of Apex products??? WTF???)
          i think it was more than a technicality, and it's not like they were wrong. the response from those companies was also essentially "how dare you sir" and they unleashed a level of trolling on Apex that far outweighed anything Apex did initially.

ultimately you're right as these are essentially the same companies with the same business model. the more options the better in this case

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
            Also IMO something like a high end trunk lid or airbox is different, because the goal is to increase the quality, not just make something cheap.

the goal is to make a quality product at a price that undercuts the part they're copying

same as Apex imo

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post

Not saying your points are invalid I'm saying they directly apply to a company like karbonius

And I'm not sure what kind of company you think Apex is but they as well as the owner/founder is California based using what I'm assuming is overseas mfg
              But they don't. It applies to one or two products which tells me you don't know what karbonius does or makes. Apex's business model is copying iconic manufacturer rim designs and having them produced in china for people who can't afford the real thing.

Seems to me I'm pretty spot on. Also seems like you just like to argue but facts are facts.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

But they don't. It applies to one or two products .

yes Karbonius' most popular products for the E46, which are cheaper, quality alternatives to the real deal

maybe it's because i came from the 90s honda tuning scene (i believe you did too right?) but you're painting Apex in the same light as companies like Blox or Hardrace, who are simply drop shippers for blatant chinese knockoffs, did no engineering in house, and offered little to no customer support. i don't think Apex is that, and anyone who's paying closing to $3k for a set of forged wheels can certainly afford a set of BBS wheels

Comment

yes Karbonius' most popular products for the E46, which are cheaper, quality alternatives to the real deal

maybe it's because i came from the 90s honda tuning scene (i believe you did too right?) but you're painting Apex in the same light as companies like Blox or Hardrace, who are simply drop shippers for blatant chinese knockoffs, did no engineering in house, and offered little to no customer support. i don't think Apex is that, and anyone who's paying closing to $3k for a set of forged wheels can certainly afford a set of BBS wheels
                  You're cherry picking one product (and one which is not readily available in oe form to support your far reaching slant), no point going any further with that argument.

Blox and hardrace were after my time. Nobody is cross shopping e88s with apex which are half the price, including myself.

Also just recently noticed the apex logo and upon further examination had a good chuckle. Don't support slave labor. I'll end this discussion here.
                  2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

if you can find me a staggered set of 18'' mesh wheels in offsets that don't need spacers I'm all ears.

Comment

i think it was more than a technicality, and it's not like they were wrong. the response from those companies was also essentially "how dare you sir" and they unleashed a level of trolling on Apex that far outweighed anything Apex did initially.

ultimately you're right as these are essentially the same companies with the same business model. the more options the better in this case
                      The BW and T7 wheels were already being built to the level that surpassed the baselines for the standard, they just weren't paying for the certification. Much like how no one wants to pay for CARB legal status or TÜV approval if they don't sell products in Germany. For example you can't run many Rays Engineering wheels on street cars in Germany because very few of them have TÜV approval.
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

F & G if I had to pick

Comment

Looks like these are the new wheels:

Meet the EC-7RS & VS-5RS, our lightest wheels, with deeper concavity and a stronger inner lip

Comment

Originally posted by Epsilon View Post
                            Looks like these are the new wheels:

https://www.gangup.com/apex/new-forg...ne-wheels.html
                            They have a video out on YouTube with this new line up I like the EC-7RS.
                            Last edited by lastMleft; 11-10-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

I like the EC7R's as well, really debating on pulling the trigger.

I like that they're forged, look good and are strong. Might not be as prestigious as BBS, Volks and the like but it's another option.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Imagine if one of the designs was the csl wheel tho Sharock's e88 shout would be insane tbf
                                Last edited by Tbonem3; 11-10-2021, 10:44 PM.
                                DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                                /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                                More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
                                X