Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrgizmo04 View Post
    I see, good to know.

Stupid q - do circuit seats come with a substrap cutout or is that a custom order ask? I don't think I've seen bottoms of the seats.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Yes, they do.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

I see, good to know.

Stupid q - do circuit seats come with a substrap cutout or is that a custom order ask? I don't think I've seen bottoms of the seats.

Circuits do indeed come w/ sub strap hole. I would like the lumbar "bags", I may just try to do it myself, wish I would known about those at time of purchase.
      2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
      Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
      Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
      RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
      Instagram

Comment

I was just gonna stuff a pillow behind my back. Hmm $159 isn't that exp.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Does the lumbar padding go behind or in the cushion?

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post
            Does the lumbar padding go behind or in the cushion?
            In.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
            2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
              I would definitely recommend giving HMS a call. One of their two locations is local to me and they are an absolute pleasure to deal with, highly knowledgeable and helpful. I bought my leather Nogaros, BK brackets, helmet and gloves through them. When I went to order my Nogaros they had a book of fabrics and leather samples and knew exactly what the pricing would be for every options. I also was able to spec BMW seat heaters through them ... really nice option to keep for many parts of the country. They will ship them ... I had them shipped to my dad’s in NH despite being local because shipping was cheaper than sales tax
              Random question but do you have any additional info on what they use for their seat heaters? I’ve been wanted to retrofit heated seats to my car and this caught my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post

Random question but do you have any additional info on what they use for their seat heaters? I’ve been wanted to retrofit heated seats to my car and this caught my attention.
                E39 seat heaters, still available new from BMW and relatively plug and play with the E46. If your car didn’t come with heated seats originally there will be a bunch of work on the car harness side that I’m not familiar with.

Comment

Just as fyi, I asked HMS last week about the lumbar cushion, got an answer today:
                  "Yes something you can do yourself.  It just velcros in behind the back cushion and you route the tube under or next to the butt cushions!"

Maybe Obi specced it all out upfront and they routed it differently with a hole in the seat for the air hose, as his seemed to be a custom order, but since they sell the item separately, it's a plug and play for those who already have the seats and want the option afterwards.

HMS is running 5% off sale.

Different topic - I tried dealing with Driftworks, they seem to only offer vinyl. Because I don't want vinyl/leather, it sounds like a headache because they have to reach out to Cobra to customize the order for me (even though HMS has other fabric options), so I might just eat it and order from HMS.

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Just as fyi, I asked HMS last week about the lumbar cushion, got an answer today:
                    "Yes something you can do yourself. It just velcros in behind the back cushion and you route the tube under or next to the butt cushions!"

Maybe Obi specced it all out upfront and they routed it differently with a hole in the seat for the air hose, as his seemed to be a custom order, but since they sell the item separately, it's a plug and play for those who already have the seats and want the option afterwards.

HMS is running 5% off sale.

Different topic - I tried dealing with Driftworks, they seem to only offer vinyl. Because I don't want vinyl/leather, it sounds like a headache because they have to reach out to Cobra to customize the order for me (even though HMS has other fabric options), so I might just eat it and order from HMS.

Interesting. I did custom order mine, but for sure they drilled a hole in the seat. Maybe they actually did it for the seat heater wiring, and I assumed it was for that (I used it for both).

HMS is, AFAIK, the sole US distributor, so Difftworks is probably buying them from HMS anyway.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Interesting. I did custom order mine, but for sure they drilled a hole in the seat. Maybe they actually did it for the seat heater wiring, and I assumed it was for that (I used it for both).

HMS is, AFAIK, the sole US distributor, so Difftworks is probably buying them from HMS anyway.
                      I have no lumbar and there is a big hole anyway for seat heater wiring. Meant to spec lumbar with HMS but forgot to … the seat fits me perfectly as is anyway though, unlike my non-lumbar stock seats which felt terrible. No pain, discomfort or other problems after multiple 2+ hour drives to and from the track this year along with 2.5 hours track time throughout the day.

Comment

Should we try to reach out to HMS or cobra directly and see if they would be willing to do a mini GB or more significant discount if we buy more?

Comment

FWIW, when I ran the Nogaro GB, they told me it would be the only time it would ever happen.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                          2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I ended up just pulling the trigger and got a pair yesterday. These seats are becoming more and more popular beyond just BMW and Porsche crowd.

I heard that HMS is getting a new set of carbon nogaro that will be significantly cheaper than the originals that were 4-5k. The weight savings isn’t significant though, and it sounds like they will come in around recaro PP weight. Just an FYI 🤙🏽

Comment

Originally posted by Actuary View Post
                              I ended up just pulling the trigger and got a pair yesterday. These seats are becoming more and more popular beyond just BMW and Porsche crowd.

I heard that HMS is getting a new set of carbon nogaro that will be significantly cheaper than the originals that were 4-5k. The weight savings isn’t significant though, and it sounds like they will come in around recaro PP weight. Just an FYI 🤙🏽
                              Congrats! I've already spent enough money this year, but I sure hope next year to get a set for the M3, they are such great seats. The only thing I will miss is the fold down function.

We put a set into a 996 GT3 and they are just perfect, almost like a suspension upgrade as well, you can definitely feel more of what the vehicle is doing at all times.

The factory GT3 seats are quite similar as you can see but those cobras are just the ticket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210415_001918.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	139668 Click image for larger version

Name:	20210425_154805.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	139669
                              2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
                              Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
                              Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
                              RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
                              Instagram

Comment

I need to get a pair in cinnamon for the blue car soon. Does Cobra have leather that’s very close to the OE cinnamon color? Also, would you get the center portion in leather or have them done in M texture or M cross? 🤔
                                Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                                Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X