Vanos seals causing stumbling and bogging at full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vanos seals causing stumbling and bogging at full throttle

My car has been experiencing these issues over the last few years. I hardly drive the car and thought it was the supercharger but read that it could be the seals on the VANOS. Anyone else have this issue and what was the fix. VANOS rebuild coming this summer. I will update once i figure out what was the issue with my car.

Sully

Have you run a VANOS test with DIS/ISTA-D? That should give you an idea of how the VANOS is performing.

Comment

Do a data log. See what your AFRs are, fuel trim, vacuum, and make sure you're using the gas you're tuned for. You have to have a custom tune for your SC so talk to whoever tuned your car. It's good to just rebuild your Vanos regardless of whether it's problematic or not.
      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

I wouldn't jump to VANOS, but it's possible. You have few other issues going on - car is rarely driven and it's FI.

You read any codes? What mileage on the car? When did you go FI? Was it tuned properly? Was it running fine after FI/tune? Having issues for a few years is a long time. Could be fuel pump, etc, many things. What is status of other maintenance - plugs/coils/fuel filter and so on.
        Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Do a VANOS test first and then read the codes from the car as well and post them up.

Comment

Working...
          X