Euro Header O2 Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Euro Header O2 Sensor

Those of you running catless set-ups, what did you do with your downstream O2 sensors?

Leave them plugged in and installed in bungs, or completely remove as they will be programmed out?

i put the old ones back in and cut off the cables- then coded them out. so if you wanna be a lazy shit, thats one way to do it lol
    2002 TiAg M3 Coupe (SMG to 6spd), 2003 Jet Black M5

https://www.instagram.com/individual_throttle_buddies/

Comment

If u need to pass emissions then you have to go bungs. If emissions doesn't apply for you then I would code it out and just plug the bungs. Less parts to worry about

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thats what I do. Plugs in post cat locations as well as ss 2.5" sect 1 bungs.
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Removed the rear O2 sensors and used some electrical tape to cover up the connectors under the valve cover. Used Martyns tool to code out any CEL before using HTE Performance for a full tune.
          2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

I put bungs on the Euro headers and left the rear sensors in and had the tune take care of it when catless.

just finished installing SS headers and Cats (tired of stink and forever dirty trunk lid) and have the Euro rear O2 sensor locations. I split the O2 sensor harness to re-route the rear sensors under drivers side footwell and the end around where fuel filter is.

now struggling with getting emissions readiness to clear.
            '01 M3, JB/IR, SS, TCK DA, Apex, TMS CSL, HTE, 4:10 gears - original owner
            '00 slicktop Touring converting to full M3 Touring

Comment

Just finished installing SS V1 Headers and S Pipes (no cats). Per conversations with TboneM3 (thank you) I removed rear O2's and plugged the holes. I'm an old motor head, having lived with carbs a good part of my life, I actually like the (faint) smell of gas and oil, can't remember what I was going to say next.....

Comment

Welcome. Kindred spirits.

Comment

Are there any advantages to installing the rear o2s in a catless setup? For example, will coding them out be any different, or will the car throw less codes?

Would the car run any differently without a tune, if you didn't install the rear o2s?
                  Garage:
                  2002 BMW M3: Slicktop jetblack/cinnamon. SMG to 6-speed. Arc-8's. Koni yellows/Dinan springs. Macht elbow. Megan headers. Stock section 1+AR20. SCZA section 3.
                  1998 Mercedes E300 Turbodiesel: Pizza bag warmer.

Comment

No

Comment

Originally posted by Circa Surviven View Post
                      Are there any advantages to installing the rear o2s in a catless setup? For example, will coding them out be any different, or will the car throw less codes?

Would the car run any differently without a tune, if you didn't install the rear o2s?
                      Post-cat O2 sensors are solely for monitoring catalytic converter efficiency. No cats, nothing to monitor. Just need to code them out.
                      '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Even if you have cats (for smell, environment, whatever reason), you can plug the bungs, disconnect postcat o2 and code out so you don't get dtc. Only if you need to pass emissions and have your catalyst monitor set, do you need postcat o2 operational.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Working...
                        X