What final drive ratio are you running on your f/I car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What final drive ratio are you running on your f/I car

Just curious to see what people are running and their thoughts?

Really glad you asked this question! I’ve been seriously thinking about picking up an m5 3.15:1 ring/pinion, but wanted to get some opinions first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post
      Really glad you asked this question! I’ve been seriously thinking about picking up an m5 3.15:1 ring/pinion, but wanted to get some opinions first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      im sure it depends on power level, and application, but I was also debating jumping down

Comment

I picked up a OS Giken and a set of 3.15 gears that I had REM polished. 3.15 are the best for high power cars, I plan to put down 900+whp.

Comment

Originally posted by Cglhut View Post
          I picked up a OS Giken and a set of 3.15 gears that I had REM polished. 3.15 are the best for high power cars, I plan to put down 900+whp.
          Good deal!
          I said “what the hell” and pulled the trigger on the 3.15s as well. Should be a good combo with the DKM twin disc and square 18’s
          On that note what do you guys think: yea or nay on upgraded year axles?

Comment

Originally posted by SliM3 View Post

Good deal!
            I said “what the hell” and pulled the trigger on the 3.15s as well. Should be a good combo with the DKM twin disc and square 18’s
            On that note what do you guys think: yea or nay on upgraded year axles?
            Depends what you plan on using the car for. If it’s going to see any time at the drag strip I’d say do axles and driveshaft. If it’s just going to be a street car that you may take to a couple 1/2 mile events you could get away with stock axles. I plan to do gforce axles and custom 4in driveshaft just because my whole car is torn apart. I’ve heard some guys going with just axles to help with wheel hop, but at that point you may as well do the driveshaft too.

Comment

I had 4.10 with Ess supercharger and 1st and 2nd were not nice so I switched back to 3.62 .

did some draggy to compare :

With 4.10 had 8.1 sec in 100-200 km
              with 3.62 had 7.8 sec in 100-200 km

Comment

Working...
              X