Supercharger kit installed bogging when full throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supercharger kit installed bogging when full throttle

Hello, recently just installed an intercooler active supercharger kit on my e46 m3. Car is smg and has headers, id1050s, walbro 450 and I’m having issues when full throttle. Currently waiting on my wideband and boost gauge so don’t have info on that. When I give the car full throttle the car bogs and makes no power and the rpm won’t even go up. If I give slight throttle the car will rev out to redline and make boost. When data logging my throttle shows 136% when floored when obviously it should only be 100%. I checked and have found no vacuum or boost leaks. Changed my tps sensor located on top of the engine. Still having this issue and I’m guessing it’s correlated to my bogging issue. But now I’m stuck and wondering where to look next. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Was the car tuned for the id1050s? What FPR are you running?

Comment

Yes car was tuned for id1050s. Running 3.5 bar fpr. Also ista won’t give me an option to clear adaptions for this car, every other car I use ista on give me a ton of functions, for some reason the m3 gives me nothing.

Comment

Use INPA or Tool32 to clear the adaptations, it sounds like it's not been tuned correctly and is super rich if it's bogging.

Comment

I want to try and fix my throttle issue first before I blame the tune, but changed 2/3 tps sensors so far and still showing over 100% throttle. Going to change the last sensor and hopefully figure out how to clear adaptions and see what we get.

Comment

Are you getting any codes when it bogs down? Normally if you had an issue with the throttle actuator, it would give you a code. Why the id1050s? Who did your tune and is it an alpha n tune or are you using the MAF before the blower? Sounds like it does not know where it is at full throttle. Did it run fine before the charger install? (same DME I am going to assume)

Comment

Fixed it was just my tune. Switched tuners and car drives flawlessly.

Comment

Did you want to mention who you switch to that solved your issues?

Comment

You should give some details of who the asshole tuner was that you used initially. There are a lot of people that have come out of the woodwork who claim to be "tuners:. This way the rest of steer clear

Comment

Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
                    Did you want to mention who you switch to that solved your issues?
                    Hassan at HTE performance is the tuner that resolved everything and I couldn’t be any happier with his tune. Not only his tune but he responds super fast and is always there to help or answer any questions.
                    I don’t want to bash the tuner I had issues with, all I can say is use HTE and you will not be disappointed.

Comment

The SC VF420 tune I have feels awful. It’s strong mid range but feels flat from 5 to 8k. The SC is coming off anyways, but it appears tuning SC S54s requires *some* expertise hehe.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                        The SC VF420 tune I have feels awful. It’s strong mid range but feels flat from 5 to 8k. The SC is coming off anyways, but it appears tuning SC S54s requires *some* expertise hehe.
                        Give HTE tuning a chance to tune ur car right and you will change your mind about removing the kit.

Comment

Originally posted by kokgo20 View Post

Give HTE tuning a chance to tune ur car right and you will change your mind about removing the kit.
                          No pre-orders running for this right now, but they are available for individual orders from the curated catalog on Euroconnex here.

Comment

HTE is the man of the situation. I got his tune also on my vf580. Car runs amazing.

Comment

Working...
                            X