HMW M1 supercharged E46 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMW M1 supercharged E46 M3

Hello, I'm Keith, chief engineer of Hyde Motorworks.
    I typically don't do installs on client cars. But after about 9 months from a very persistent client, I had some free time.
    so I installed the M1 supercharger kit on his 2003 M3 convertible. This kit uses the Eaton m122h supercharger. To make room for the supercharger, I had to do the mechanical fan delete, using a spa electric fan. Replace the oil filter housing with one from a m50 , and a rally Road oil cooler cap, connected to a 10 row oil cooler. I also had to lock the ITBs wide open, and connect a mechanical cable from the ITB actuator to a 75 mm throttle body on the intake of the supercharger. And relocate the second TPS to the new throttle body.
    that was the easy part. Tuning this setup turned out to be more problematic with the factory DME. Even with the HP CSL upgrade. Luckily I was introduced to TTFS, and he pretty quickly figured out how to make everything work. At 9 lb of boost, the car made 498 ft pounds of torque, and 514 horsepower at the rear wheels. This was below 6,000 RPMs. Unfortunately the belt started slipping, so we could not make any more power running it out to 8,000.
    Last edited by Greenday694; 10-15-2024, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday694 View Post
      Tuning this setup turned out to be more problematic with the factory DME.

This is the issue I've been running into.

Did you end up staying on the factory DME? What injectors are you using?

I bought an AEM standalone but I haven't installed it yet.

The ID1050x injectors I have just will not run on the factory ECU, I'm getting too much fuel. So right now I went back to the Dinan 440s, but they're maxed at around 410whp. Any snap throttle and the car bucks, I need to find a decent tuner myself.
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
      X