Clutch recommendation for sc m3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch recommendation for sc m3

I own ess supercharged m3 with 570 whp and would like to change clutch soon so any recommendations here ? Since I always used sach performance clutch so I don’t have experience with other clutch .

Thx in advance

I think it depends on what kind of driving you do with the car and if it’s a 6mt/smg.
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/mspir3d/

Comment

Originally posted by Mspir3d View Post
      I think it depends on what kind of driving you do with the car and if it’s a 6mt/smg.
      I forget it’s a 6mt

it’s mainly street and some tracks days

Comment

I have a fx400 from clutchmasters that’s pretty nice. Kinda grabby but holds power pretty good

Comment

Single disk clutches with heavy duty pressure plates will have a lot more pedal pressure. South Bend’s ferramic clutch holds a lot of power but it tends to fuse to the flywheel or pressure plate if you drag race. Twin disks are nice because they hold more power but don’t have the increased pedal pressure. The lightweight twin disks are a lot less streetable than heavier ones though. I run a ceramic twin disk from competition clutch but I don’t think it’s available anymore.
          Last edited by Mspir3d; 01-24-2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Any information about these

Comment

I run a UUC feramic twin disc that’s treated me very well. UUC has a somewhat mediocre track record but I’ve really enjoyed the clutch and their customer service wasn’t bad (in my personal experience).

Comment

You could go tilton triple disc clutch and never worry about slippage or needing to replace it. I hear it’s amazing and allows easier/faster shifts.

https://maximumpsi.com/products/tilt...22145447559249
                Last edited by Mspir3d; 01-31-2021, 10:56 AM.

Comment

I have a lightly used tilton twin disc from Bimmerworld for sale in the FS forum. PM me if interested. I loved it and easier to modulate va the triple disc. I think it will support your power needs.

Comment

I also have a tilton twin disk no complaints more track focused set up but the most engaging clutch I have ever used

Comment

Honestly, you probably do not need any crazy if you know how to drive a manual and do not abuse your clutch. Someone I knew, daily drove his AA supercharged e46 m3 on a stock clutch with zero issues. He drove the car hard and never had any issues. You have to remember with a centrifugal supercharger which all e46 m3 superchargers are, there is not a lot of torque made low in the RPM range. Your not making crazy torque to begin with. It’s not like a turbo car. How often are you going to be shifting beyond 5-6k rpms? I got sucked into believing that the stock clutch wouldn’t hold 400whp and swapped a lightweight flyweight and upgraded clutch, which I hated. Ended up swapping stock flywheel back into with an HPF clutch which looking back I didn’t even need. Ended up flushing close to 5k down the toilet with worrying about upgrading the clutch because of the supercharger.

If you like the stock feeling clutch pedal, use the stock flywheel and either a stock clutch or a slightly upgraded clutch. No need to go crazy and dropping tons of cash on clutch.

Comment

Just bought a DKM twin disc that's going in an SMG. I'll update the thread with my impressions..

Comment

I bought oem flywheel and sachs performance clutch .

Comment

I ran a new OEM clutch setup with mine on 10PSI / 575HP flywheel, and it ripped the friction disc clean off the rivets and separated after a track/race weekend resulting in a DNF. Switched to FX400 clutchmasters+flywheel and no issues. Good feel and pedal weight not too heavy.

Comment

I went with sach performance clutch and I am still in break in period

Comment

Working...
                              X