X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EuroConnex GB: Pre-Preg CF Front Air Intake

Hey guys,

I posted this on IG stories and a FB group yesterday and the feedback was great. I finalized pricing with René this morning.

BUILDING UPON E46 M3 CSL CARBON CATALOGUE
    The E46 M3 Front Air Intake made in pre-preg and autoclaved carbon fiber

Made with 100% in prepreg carbon fibre in their facilities in Germany, René has developed a negative mold of the OEM front air intake, or otherwise called the intake suction hood.

The kit is 2 piece, with the upper part being a complete pre-preg and autoclaved carbon fiber component glued to the bottom OEM plastic part that directs air to the OEM intake. The pictures demonstrate the upper pre-preg carbon part of the product.

The carbon is available 1x1 or 2x2 carbon weave and is cured in autoclave. The product is clear coated in 2 component hardened clear coat for a durable finish and resistant to the high temperatures of the engine bay. It is available in Gloss or Matte finish.

SPECIFICATIONS
    • 100% carbon fibre pre-preg and autoclave
    • Made in Germany
    • Bottom part is brand new OEM BMW
    • Available in 1x1 and 2x2 weave pattern
    • Available in Gloss & Matte clear coat
    • Great easy fitment guaranteed plug & play
    GB Terms
    • Save 30% off MSRP
    • You will need a Connex account to view pricing due to MAP policies of brands on the site.
    • 10x Early Access Pricing Spots
      Max of 20x spots.
    • We need to reach 15x to activate
    • Available worldwide.
      8 to 12 weeks lead time.
    Link to participate.
    Attached Files

I like how he took pictures of mine to post.
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

So Rene starts with a new part #13717830100, makes this new CF cover for it, he glues it top of the OEM part, then the assembly is the final product sold and shipped to the buyer?

'05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post
        So Rene starts with a new part #13717830100, makes this new CF cover for it, he glues it top of the OEM part, then the assembly is the final product sold and shipped to the buyer?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...d/13717830100/
        That's the process. BNIB OEM part to start with. No core needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

That's the process. BNIB OEM part to start with. No core needed.
          Love it. Its a nice piece and I found the price to be quite reasonable, considering the complexity of the CF part. Surely, he's already test fit and glued at least one together?
          '05 M3 Convertible 6MT, CB/Cinnamon, CSL Airbox&Flap, PCSTuning, Beisan, Schrick 288/280, SS V1's & 2.5" System, RE Stg 1&SMF, KW V2, CB PS, Apex EC-7R

Comment

Originally posted by jbfrancis3 View Post

Love it. Its a nice piece and I found the price to be quite reasonable, considering the complexity of the CF part. Surely, he's already test fit and glued at least one together?
            Yes, his old installed pictures just really, really suck.

Comment

I'm a little disappointed. I was under the impression that it was entirely carbon which is what I thought I was paying for. At no time did he mention it was an overlay.

Also the group buy discount is more like 10 off since he pockets the vat for dumb americans.
              2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                I'm a little disappointed. I was under the impression that it was entirely carbon which is what I thought I was paying for. At no time did he mention it was an overlay.

Also the group buy discount is more like 10 off since he pockets the vat for dumb americans.
                It isn't an overlay. It's a negative mold and the top part is complete pre-preg and autoclaved carbon. The bottom part is OEM plastic. There's air circulating in-between the 2. Members outside the EU aren't charged VAT with the Connex.

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Where is VAT mentioned/applied?

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

It isn't an overlay. It's a negative mold and the top part is complete pre-preg and autoclaved carbon. The bottom part is OEM plastic. There's air circulating in-between the 2. Members outside the EU aren't charged VAT with the Connex.
                    I haven’t examined mine hence my surprise at your description. So connex price is retail -20 then -30 for group buy?

Comment

The 10x early access pricing spots are gone. You can now put in your order

Comment

Just deleted a bunch of posts for getting personal. Sadly some good info got swept up in the deletions. Sorry for that. This caught me at a time when I don't really have the bandwidth to take a scalpel to ~10 different posts. Also didn't want to risk seeming like I as a mod was taking a side in a potentially important discussion.

Let's try again, shall we?
                        2008 M3 Sedan 6MT
                        Slicktop, no iDrive | Öhlins by 3DM Motorsport | Autosolutions | SPL

2012 Mazda5 6MT
                        Koni Special Active, Volvo parts

Comment

Does this guy only make M3 related parts?

Comment

Originally posted by BADCLOWN View Post
                            Does this guy only make M3 related parts?
                            He does have a few standard E46 parts!

Comment

Does he have a website or eBay store?

Comment

Working...
                              X