Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest: CF Standard Center Console

Hey guys!

Been looking at CF center console options, all are CSL style it seems.

I’ve chatted with Rene @ Carbo and he has the OEM center console available in a pre preg & autoclave overlay. This retains the OEM armrests and standard buttons placement.

I’d be curious to gauge the interest for a true negative mold, in pre preg carbon to match the CSL carbon construction method.

Weave would be 1x1 and 2x2
    Finished in Matte or Gloss clear coat.

Pricing TBD.
    If we are 20x it would probably be around 500$ US.
    2-3 months lead time, for Spring!

Click image for larger version

Name:	EB3A382F-63A4-429D-872B-CC2DB5284F92.jpeg
Views:	579
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	145575 Click image for larger version

Name:	E6D57A5B-DA74-45C4-BC3B-843B30970690.jpeg
Views:	574
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	145574
    Attached Files

I’d be interested.

Comment

I am interested. My center console is in kind of rough shape. This is for a 100% carbon piece, not an overlay, correct?

Comment

interested

Comment

Originally posted by nahvkolaj View Post
          I am interested. My center console is in kind of rough shape. This is for a 100% carbon piece, not an overlay, correct?
          Correct, the group buy would be for a negative mold creation for 100% pre-preg & autoclave. What is pictured is his current offering that's an overlay. He also has the OEM CSL center console.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Correct, the group buy would be for a negative mold creation for 100% pre-preg & autoclave. What is pictured is his current offering that's an overlay. He also has the OEM CSL center console.
            What would happen where the cup holder/euro tray goes?

Might look weird to have the center console CF and that part black plastic?

Trying to picture it in my head….

Comment

I might be interested Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post

What would happen where the cup holder/euro tray goes?

Might look weird to have the center console CF and that part black plastic?

Trying to picture it in my head….
                I chatted with René to potentially cap off that section, but with the numerous different configurations, he would keep it 1;1 OEM.

It’s difficult to picture I agree. It would probably be smoother with a matt finish considering the black plastic used by BMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

I chatted with René to potentially cap off that section, but with the numerous different configurations, he would keep it 1;1 OEM.

It’s difficult to picture I agree. It would probably be smoother with a matt finish considering the black plastic used by BMW.
                  Yea, on further thought I think I’d be ok with a black euro tray there. Might look a little weird but the e-brake is black and the rubber Matt for the little cubby behind the euro tray is black as well.

I’m still interested either way.

Comment

Originally posted by jrgatfh View Post

Yea, on further thought I think I’d be ok with a black euro tray there. Might look a little weird but the e-brake is black and the rubber Matt for the little cubby behind the euro tray is black as well.

I’m still interested either way.
                    This thing works on the csl because it's a focused lightweight coupe with minimal aesthetic interference like cupholders, bins, armrests and such. I don't think a cf console makes sense here in the case of a standard m3.

Plus it's more sensitive to things being snapped in and out of it as a bonus.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

This thing works on the csl because it's a focused lightweight coupe with minimal aesthetic interference like cupholders, bins, armrests and such. I don't think a cf console makes sense here in the case of a standard m3.

Plus it's more sensitive to things being snapped in and out of it as a bonus.
                      Agreed with above.

Does Rene have any interest in doing a CSL style without the need relocate the mirror switches?

Last edited by mtpktz; 12-30-2021, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Interested

Comment

A few months ago we tried to crowdfund a mold into development for a pre-preg carbon standard center console. We didn't reach the threshold.

However, I still had a few members of EuroConnex order the standard center console with a pre-preg & autoclave carbon overlay - just like the interior trims.

This is the first one out of production. 1x1 to match CSL weave pattern and finished in gloss clear coat.

What do you guys think?

I've put a link to get on a waiting list to evaluate interest for a group buy for this one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 4.23.33 AM (1).jpg
Views:	296
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	164196 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 4.23.34 AM.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	164197 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 4.23.32 AM (1).jpg
Views:	290
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	164198 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 4.23.33 AM.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	164199 Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2022-04-21 at 4.23.31 AM.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	164195
                          Attached Files

Comment

Looks great, but make mine in a 2X2 plz.😁

Comment

Is there an option for armrest delete? I have an armrest delete and also would like something with a carbon euro tray insert.
                              2002 M3 Carbon Schwarz/Black 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X