Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CSL Front Bumper Group Buy From m3forum.net ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CSL Front Bumper Group Buy From m3forum.net ?

What happened to the high quality, new third party guys out of Europe who were doing new-mold CSL front bumpers (among other things)? I am for one, still interested in their product.

Streamline ^

That was a dumpster-fire not worth entertaining here.
    Buy an actual well-fitting bumper from Mile End..
    TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

Originally posted by mainstreamer00 View Post
      Streamline ^

That was a dumpster-fire not worth entertaining here.
      Buy an actual well-fitting bumper from Mile End..
      Yikes. Okay. Do you mind summarizing? All I remember was the figment looked second to none. No sag, etc.

Not familiar with Mile End. From the looks of their website some bumpers fit properly, but a lot of those photos show it sucked up too close to light trim and fender. Thoughts?

Thanks for the info, by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by jai5w4 View Post

Yikes. Okay. Do you mind summarizing? All I remember was the figment looked second to none. No sag, etc.

Not familiar with Mile End. From the looks of their website some bumpers fit properly, but a lot of those photos show it sucked up too close to light trim and fender. Thoughts?

Thanks for the info, by the way.
        I'm only speaking from my memories of reading through that thread, and have no personal anecdotes in dealing with streamline, but:

a) their product was generally way overhyped for the levels of quality/consistency
        b) customers were experiencing fitment/quality that was inconsistent to the price and company's guarantees
        c) owner of streamline would launch into verbose tirades on the forums, placing blame on customer etc etc.

They're also shipping from Eastern Europe. For your money, I would probably recommend the other company I've mentioned.

I'm sure there are other members who could bring their experiences.. but I don't think a group-buy seems likely due to the poor forum relationship that streamline has cultivated.
        TiAG 6mt Coupe | KARBONIUS | SUPERSPRINT | FIKSE WHEELS | OEM CSL | MILE END COMPOSITES | AST 5200 | HOTCHKIS | BREMBO | RECARO | BEISAN | CATCAMS | CP-CARILLO | TMS | RTD | ROGUE ENGINEERING | AKG MOTORSPORT | HTE PERFORMANCE

Comment

+1 for Mile End Composites. Their piece are equivalent or better than OEM.
          2005 BMW M3 ZCP Black/Black - HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | 288/280 Schrick Cams+DLC Followers | Lang Head | Dinan TBs | Bosch 550cc | Radium Fuel System | Karbonious CSL Airbox+OE Snorkel | SS V1 Stepped+Catted Sec 1+Resonated Twin Pipe+Race | 3.91, 3 stage clutch | FCM 400/600 | Vorshlag Camber Plates, RSM | Rogue ASP | AKG FCABs, SFBs | TMS Front Sway, Camber Arms, Monoball RTABs, Pullies | Mason Race Strut + X-Brace | AS 30% SSK | SPAL | Redish Plates | Turbo Toys V2 Hub | WPC Rod Bearings

Comment

Solid. Thanks fellas.

On the topic of fitment: can one adjust the way the bumper sits on the carrier? I see some that are sucked up too close to the fenders/and or the bottom hood line. Can this be adjusted by the end user?

Cheers

Comment

I've got a mile end bumper for sale if anyones interested.

Comment

I have a brand new streamline aero CSL bumper sitting in the box never installed and unpainted. Upon arrival I did not want to deal with some of the extra work to make this fit and went with a new OEM CSL bumper. If anyone is interested let me know.

Comment

I also have a status Gruppe CSL Bumper, one hole option with the second hole as an extra piece (custom fab to fit) I do not need.

Comment

+1 for Mileendcomposites. I posted some installed pics in the e46 section here.

Comment

Im thinking of going the Mile end composites route. Do they offer a one piece lip for the bumper? Or is it splitters only?

Comment

Working...
                      X