Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest: e46M Carbon Fiber Splash Guards

Hi Everyone!

I recently installed a set of carbon splash guards and got a few questions about them. For anyone who owns an e46M, there are always rocks that kick up and hit the rear wheel arches. I was looking for something extra along with PPF that was subtle but ascetically pleasing.

Order a couple of sets from other vendors and then found a company thecarbonguards.com and ask if they made anything for the e46. Initially, there was no product for the e46M as it's a fairly small market. It took a couple of weeks for them to produce a set, which I installed, and was quite surprised by the quality.

A few things that stood out:
    1. The quality of the carbon fiber was thick
    2. The wheel-facing side is sprayed with a rubberized truck liner
    3. The back side PPF to protect the exposed carbon fiber
    4. It included a complete installation kit, new rivets, cleaning solution, applicator, and towel.
    5. Lifetime guarantee on the carbon fiber
    6. Made in the USA

Installation was fairly easy; front use the wheel wall rivet - push the old out clean the installation area with some rubbing alcohol and use the included rivets. The back is attached using included 3M with a cleaning prep and applying the primer before attaching the guard.

I reached out to the company and ask if they would be interested in a group buy. They are currently quite busy with holiday orders but can commit to 10 sets if they can be ordered by this Thursday, 12/15 for delivery by XMAS.

If interested list your name below and once we have 10 sets, Carbon Guards will set up a link for the purchase. I have a few pics below from my installation but nothing fancy.

Retail is $199 shipped, for the group buy it will be $165 shipped within the USA.

Thanks all and happy holidays!​
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 10figs; 12-11-2022, 03:30 PM.

I was JUST looking for something like this. My original plan was to get something set up with the generic Rally Armor flaps, are they one of the "other vendors" you tried?

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
        I was JUST looking for something like this. My original plan was to get something set up with the generic Rally Armor flaps, are they one of the "other vendors" you tried?
        I did look at those but wanted some "bling' with the carbon fiber, AutoTeknik was one and one of my friends had a set from the youtube guy.

Comment

BTW, I am not receiving any monetary gain. They are a local company and were kind enough to do a template for the e46M.

Comment

Yea definitely appreciate you organizing this, very tempting. The rear seem pretty secure with the adhesive? Would hate for this to go flying on track.

Comment

Originally posted by Pklauser View Post
              Yea definitely appreciate you organizing this, very tempting. The rear seem pretty secure with the adhesive? Would hate for this to go flying on track.
              I think it should be OK, it should not fly off even with track speeds unless some hits it. From my understanding, the primer helps to create a better bond with the 3M tape by filling any micro-voids and imperfections on both surfaces.
              Last edited by 10figs; 12-12-2022, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Bumping this for anyone who may be interested. Orders would need to be placed by Thursday for Xmas delivery.

Comment

Any chance to make these for other chassis such as E85/86

Comment

I can ask, do you think there would be at least 10 members who may be interested?

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
                    Any chance to make these for other chassis such as E85/86

Comment

If anyone else is interested, just PM me and I will get you the website link for the discounted price. Have a great holiday week everyone!

Comment

Working...
                      X