This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Rene hasn’t updated his website for a decade nor his pricing. It’s all gone up.
    I signed up. I am also interested in the carbon fiber center console I see on his site, would love a GB on that too.

Comment

Originally posted by binary View Post

I signed up. I am also interested in the carbon fiber center console I see on his site, would love a GB on that too.
      Absolutely is coming 👌 I’m having him review & polish all available molds.

So people understand, Rene’s main business is vintage exotic restoration in full pre-preg body panels.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-13-2021, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post
        I've found some really old threads on cslregister so at least the guy has been in business for a long time. NZ_M3 (maybe he will comment on what he thought back then, if he bought any) was on some of those threads and we all know he isn't one for junk so I'm going to take a chance but if it sucks then it will be the last GB I participate in. I'll just pay full retail and pick my parts myself as I've been doing. I'm pre-ordered on this group buy.

Of course most of what I've found concerning cabroproject is CF overlay so the fitment question isn't really answered.

http://www.cslregister.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1124
        http://www.cslregister.com/forum/sho...6&postcount=29
        If you are expecting Mileendcomposite or OE quality type diffuser then you’ll be disappointed. It is nothing like it. I have a friend with one of the GT style ones and it lacks in details in areas like the valley, thickness ect.

Their splitters aren’t too bad but not perfect either.

Comment

Originally posted by NZ_M3 View Post

If you are expecting Mileendcomposite or OE quality type diffuser then you’ll be disappointed. It is nothing like it. I have a friend with one of the GT style ones and it lacks in details in areas like the valley, thickness ect.

Their splitters aren’t too bad but not perfect either.
          Fair to say quality and fitment good, but appearance not as good when compared to OE and mile end?

This would fall in line with his e9x plenum. The fitment is really good I've read, due to OE base, but it isn't as flashy as something like the Eventuri. Carboproject cost much less than the Eventuri as well. The first intake is the Eventuri, the one on the car is the carboproject.

Last edited by oceansize; 03-14-2021, 04:42 AM.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Fair to say quality and fitment good, but appearance not as good when compared to OE and mile end?

This would fall in line with his e9x plenum. The fitment is really good I've read, due to OE base, but it isn't as flashy as something like the Eventuri. Carboproject cost much less than the Eventuri as well. The first intake is the Eventuri, the one on the car is the carboproject.

Regarding the Carbon Airboxes, I personally preferred the Motorsport look of Carbo's plenum and that's why I opted for it. Keep in mind he's been producing these since 2007 for the S65. He also makes a full CSL style airbox in pre-preg carbon FYI. It isn't about the capability and skills, it's about his target market: a complete carbon plenum has little benefits over an OE base + pre-preg lid for S65 / S85 guys.

Working with the S65 community, we improved the product quite a bit by offering matte finishes, flat top (screw delete), new sticker selections, and a thinner pre-preg lid (export version) for more induction noise. We're working on adding the entire air intake system in carbon pre-preg this Spring.

Like I said, he support his brand with continuous product development - his marketing is just piss poor as he's focused on vintage restorations. That's where we can help him.

------

The member above is probably referring to the ridge between diffuser and bumper part. Keep in mind the GT is a different design - not exactly a fair comparaison.

I chatted with Kareem, a long time M3 owner, and we researched this. I chatted with René last night and he deleted it due to BMW M's IP infringement in Germany. He has it in the original mold, but he's just not going to do it and risk a lawsuit.

The design has a very slight variant from CSL OEM. I will contact everyone who committed on the GB and inform them of this. I will also receive and test fit a piece here locally before having him invoice anyone.

It's something I've heard from other manufacturers like 360 Carbon GmbH on the GTS chassis mounted lip kit and Carbon Production GmbH for Motorsport stickers on wings. I've seen the cease and desist letters BMW M sends out to European manufacturers and it isn't a fun read. I do wonder how MileEnd gets away from this - though they seem to produce in very limited runs, and being in a different juridiction may tamper's BMW legal aggressiveness.

Click image for larger version  Name:	db_e46-m3-airbox1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.8 KB ID:	91411
            Last edited by Epoustouflant; 03-14-2021, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post

Regarding the Carbon Airboxes, I personally preferred the Motorsport look of Carbo's plenum and that's why I opted for it. Keep in mind he's been producing these since 2007 for the S65. He also makes a full CSL style airbox in pre-preg carbon FYI. It isn't about the capability and skills, it's about his target market: a complete carbon plenum has little benefits over an OE base + pre-preg lid for S65 / S85 guys.

Working with the S65 community, we improved the product quite a bit by offering matte finishes, flat top (screw delete), new sticker selections, and a thinner pre-preg lid (export version) for more induction noise. We're working on adding the entire air intake system in carbon pre-preg this Spring.

Like I said, he support his brand with continuous product development - his marketing is just piss poor as he's focused on vintage restorations. That's where we can help him.

------

The member above is probably referring to the ridge between diffuser and bumper part. I chatted with Kareem, a long time M3 owner, and we researched this. I chatted with René last night and he deleted it due to BMW M's IP infringement in Germany. He has it in the original mold, but he's just not going to do it and risk a lawsuit.

The design has a very slight variant from CSL OEM. I will contact everyone who committed on the GB and inform them of this. I will also receive and test fit a piece here locally before having him invoice anyone.

It's something I've heard from other manufacturers like 360 Carbon GmbH on the GTS chassis mounted lip kit and Carbon Production GmbH for Motorsport stickers on wings. I've seen the cease and desist letters BMW M sends out to European manufacturers and it isn't a fun read. I do wonder how MileEnd gets away from this - though they seem to produce in very limited runs, and being in a different juridiction may tamper's BMW legal aggressiveness.
              [/ATTACH]
              No knocking him here. I get it, one man show and he is interested in producing products and not mucking about with social media. I totally understand.

In the end, however, Rene needs some really nice close up installed pics (for all of his stuff, but we can start with the diffuser). That would go worlds beyond us all typing what we think.

I'm still in but NZ_M3 has probably set my expectations appropriately.

Carboproject (which I think looks good)

Mile End:
              Last edited by oceansize; 03-14-2021, 05:27 AM.
              3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

No knocking him here. I get it, one man show and he is interested in producing products and not mucking about with social media. I totally understand.

In the end, however, Rene needs some really nice close up installed pics (for all of his stuff, but we can start with the diffuser). That would go worlds beyond us all typing what we think.

I'm still in but NZ_M3 has probably set my expectations appropriately.

Carboproject (which I think looks good)

Mile End:
                You are 100% right. It’s what I’m here for.

Some recent pictures of the Karbonius M Performance mirror caps replicas I had exclusively designed for the community since they were discontinued by BMW.
                Attached Files

Comment

The 1st diffuser is out of the mold. René went with a combined forged carbon and CSL 1x1: weave pattern. The manufacturing process to achieve this combination is extremely difficult and rare. It is something Lamborghini has done on their carbon forged parts. It will be available at an extra fee.

This is fresh out of clear coat, wet sanded and polished. Close ups of how the ridge is modified to avoid BMW's IP infringement. I have 2 videos as well, will see how I can upload those.

1st batch members will be emailed and invoiced this week.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Epoustouflant; 04-13-2021, 09:30 AM.

Comment

The second batch is up: https://euroconnex.co/products/csl-p...boproject-gmbh

Will be posted on FB groups later today.

Comment

Is it possible to get it finished in another color or would I need to go get it painted?
                      '05 ///M3 Sparkling Graphite/Black 6MT
                      RAC Monolite RG4 I Bilstein B12 I Dixis Spirit I Beisan

Comment

Originally posted by TamuM3 View Post
                        Is it possible to get it finished in another color or would I need to go get it painted?
                        It can be done - you have another body color than OEM codes?

Comment

It’s an OEM color code (A22 - Sparkling Graphite), just didn’t see it in the drop down list to select.
                          '05 ///M3 Sparkling Graphite/Black 6MT
                          RAC Monolite RG4 I Bilstein B12 I Dixis Spirit I Beisan

Comment

Originally posted by TamuM3 View Post
                            It’s an OEM color code (A22 - Sparkling Graphite), just didn’t see it in the drop down list to select.
                            Yes - he can do it. Just let me know when you order, I will edit your order afterwards.

Comment

The first ordered diffusers are shipped out end of this week, and the remainders will ship out next week!

Comment

As promised

Tracking numbers to be updated shortly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C81E0C4E-D9D9-4EFD-A1C7-A9B94977304B.jpeg
Views:	513
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	104042
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Epoustouflant; 05-10-2021, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X