Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm sure mine was worse since it was unresonated.

Still, increasing piping size has a detrimental effect on the tone imo. Best sounding M3s have 55mm outlets (csl headers, Fabspeeds, SS tubulares) and oe sect 2s or x pipe sect 2s. My friend's car with v2s and euro cats sounds amazing with the scorza on, but my car sounds just ok and is much quieter, with v1s and 2.5" sect 1.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
      I'm sure mine was worse since it was unresonated.

Still, increasing piping size has a detrimental effect on the tone imo. Best sounding M3s have 55mm outlets (csl headers, Fabspeeds, SS tubulares) and oe sect 2s or x pipe sect 2s. My friend's car with v2s and euro cats sounds amazing with the scorza on, but my car sounds just ok and is much quieter, with v1s and 2.5" sect 1.
      I don't think any e46 m3 exhaust note sounds "good". If you want an e46 M3 to sound good, you get the sound from the airbox-- and make the exhaust quiet enough you can't hear it over the airbox. That gets you MacLaren F1 sound track.

Otherwise, no matter what you do, it's just not going to sound good compared to a car with an actual good exhaust note.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
      2012 LMB/Black 128i
      2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Any updates on when we’ll be invoiced? I’m looking to pull the trigger on a the airbox here soon.

Comment

How nice of Turner to sign me up for their newsletter without me asking for it 🙃
          '03.5 M3 SMG Coupe - Jet Black / Black

Comment

Confirmed with Turner that these are expected to ship mid October.

Comment

Originally posted by CheckA View Post
              Confirmed with Turner that these are expected to ship mid October.
              Oof. Well, I guess this will be my off-season/wintertime project.

Comment

Invoicing is done! Make sure to check your spam folder.

Regarding ETA: I had a discussion with Pat @ ECS. This is an automated ETA given by their system. They are putting the PO with Federico @ Supersprint. They will have precise datas tomorrow or Monday from SS directly.

Comment

Originally posted by elbert View Post

Oof. Well, I guess this will be my off-season/wintertime project.
                  Me too. Unfortunately, I’ve been not driving the m until I get the rod bearings done. Was going to get them done last summer and COVID happened. Was planning on doing the headers at the same time as vanos lockdown, cooling system refresh and rod bearings. this means another summer with my car parked. Uughhh!!!!

at least I’ll have a fully sorted car for next summer. And it’s a good thing my daily driver is a hoot.
                  Last edited by Rkymtnrider; 06-03-2021, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Epoustouflant View Post
                    Invoicing is done! Make sure to check your spam folder.

Regarding ETA: I had a discussion with Pat @ ECS. This is an automated ETA given by their system. They are putting the PO with Federico @ Supersprint. They will have precise datas tomorrow or Monday from SS directly.
                    EDIT: never mind lol

So my buddy is getting his on the 7th. Why is mine until October 12th? Was it availability FCFS?
                    Last edited by LSBNick; 06-03-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rkymtnrider View Post
                      Was planning on doing the headers at the same time as vanos lockdown, cooling system refresh and rod bearings. this means another summer with my car parked. Uughhh!!!!

at least I’ll have a fully sorted car for next summer. And it’s a good thing my daily driver is a hoot.
                      Dude f/w is the best time, cold temps make the car feel like it's on steroids.
                      2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post

Dude f/w is the best time, cold temps make the car feel like it's on steroids.
                        Not when you live above 8500ft in the Rocky Mountains and have a 1.5 mile dirt road to the house that’s muddy and sloppy and sulphur laced hard water from a well so no washing the car at the house. And fall/spring pop up hail storms. Buuttt I do have a spirited 6 mile canyon road down to the 2 lane highway that runs between 2 mountain passes Where the air is always cool for the engine no matter the summertime temps.

Comment

I’ll still drive it to town to wash it and drive it to the one gas station that has ethanol free 91 pump gas which is just under 100 miles round trip. I just “take it easy”. It’s got around 140k mi on it and unknown if the bearings have been replaced again after the recall (it’s an 02).

Comment

Does anyone know if the 63.5mm section 2 will install with the stock muffler?

A bit undecided at the moment on what exhaust to go with. But want to order everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rich_lol View Post
                              Does anyone know if the 63.5mm section 2 will install with the stock muffler?

A bit undecided at the moment on what exhaust to go with. But want to order everything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              yes it will.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i
                              2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by LSBNick View Post

EDIT: never mind lol

So my buddy is getting his on the 7th. Why is mine until October 12th? Was it availability FCFS?
                                Still all automated per Patrick @ ECS. I will get an accurate ETA from them shortly to clarify

Comment

Working...
                                X