X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IamFODI
    replied
    Originally posted by r4dr View Post
    Forgot I posted this here. We discussed this a bit on the F80 forums. No fix is known, just gotta fill it up... given that a 20 minute session uses almost half a tank, it's rough. This is only on NT01s too.
    That sucks. Seems like an annoying issue to have, not to mention a weird void in the aftermarket.

What do the track-only cars do? Fully custom or race-specific tank/pump setups?

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    replied
    Forgot I posted this here. We discussed this a bit on the F80 forums. No fix is known, just gotta fill it up... given that a 20 minute session uses almost half a tank, it's rough. This is only on NT01s too.

Leave a comment:

• IamFODI
    replied
    Free bump for an interesting question!

Leave a comment:

• r4dr
    started a topic F82 fuel starvation on track

F82 fuel starvation on track

I don't see many people posting here, but I'd rather try here before I go into the shithole that is F80Post. Background: F82 M4 Competition, Ohlins R&T coilovers, 18" EC-7s wearing 275/305 NT01 tires. It's not my car but I've been dual driving it lately and pushing it harder than it's been pushed before, hence this post.

I've been running into severe fuel starvation issues, specifically on an off-camber right hander. This kind of makes sense to me, since the fuel pickup is on the right side I believe. Basically anytime I start with the needle around 1/2 tank or lower, I can't make it through a 20 minute session without going into limp mode. Which then involves me throwing the hazards on and puttering off the track while praying no one hits me.

Given I use more than 1/3 of a tank (indicated at least) per 20 minute session, and it's being dual driven... even putting 5 gallons in after each double stint resulted in limp mode in the 3rd double stint of the day. Has anyone seen this issue and found a solution? I can't find any kits online like for the E36 and E46 where they put another fuel pump in the other side of the tank.
Working...
X