So I picked up another M3..... Interlagos Blue journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I picked up another M3..... Interlagos Blue journal

For those of you who know me from M3F, I own a PY E46 Coupe which is my first BMW. For the past 1.5 years, I’ve been eyeing the E92 M3 market looking to pick up a clean low mileage example.

This past Monday, luck was on my side and I was able to close the deal on a ’13 ZCP coupe with competition package in Interlagos blue on black leather with CF roof. The car has 50k on the clock and it is a former EAG car that was sold a few years ago with 18k on the clock. I am the third owner. She is bone stock, minus blacked out front grill and CF side gills. Clean Carfax/autocheck. Car checked out great after a PPI which only showed leaking valve cover gaskets on both sides and an original battery that needs to be replaced soon. Otherwise, she is mechanically and physically in fantastic shape. My only complaint about the overall condition of the car is curb rashed wheels but I got a really good deal on it so I shouldn’t even be complaining!

In the next few weeks, I will be flushing all fluids and lubricants and then she will get a complete detail from inside, outside, undercarriage and engine bay. I will be documenting all of that will a lot of pictures in this thread for those of you who enjoy makeovers.

Here are some quick shots of her today. How cool is the laminated window sticker? and for those of you who still had doubts about how the 92M compares to the 46M, the last photo should clear things up !

2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Congrats, great color and tranny choice!
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
      for those of you who still had doubts about how the 92M compares to the 46M, the last photo should clear things up !
      Beautiful cars congrats! So e46 is so boring that it is not used anymore, or it is still so precious that it get the garage space when it snows? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        Congrats, great color and tranny choice!
        Thanks ! I wasn't going to buy anything but a '13 ZCP with 6 MT and CT roof in Interlagos or LeMans. I kinda wish it was LeMans as i like that color better haha
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post

Beautiful cars congrats! So e46 is so boring that it is not used anymore, or it is still so precious that it get the garage space when it snows? :-)
          The E46 is king ! I drove the E92 home from Cincinnati to Detroit and it made me love the E46 even more. There is really no comparison whatsoever. On the highway, the E92 felt like a 650i or 540i, really nothing special. Even on the streets it feels like a slow boat. I think my E46 might even be a little quicker from a stop. handling is night and day difference too, but keep in mind that the E92 is stock and the E46 has a lot of suspension and exhaust mods.
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Will be a nice shot of them parked next to each other considering colors! What color of F82 should you pick next.... haha

Comment

Nice cars. I’ve been thinking about a space gray e92 m3 as well but just can’t pul the trigger as I feel like it’s all the things you mentioned.

Comment

Love this color combo

Comment

Awesome, I hope to own that duo some day. Hanging on to the E46?

Current:

1997 BMW M3 - Boston Green/Modena
                  2003 BMW M3 · Coupe · 6MT - Alpine White/M-Texture Alcantara

Comment

Originally posted by rbg View Post
                    Will be a nice shot of them parked next to each other considering colors! What color of F82 should you pick next.... haha
                    Yes blue and yellow go together very well. To be honest, i don't like the F82 at all. I love the way the F80 looks in Sakhir but as of right now, it doesn't appeal to me much and I don't see myself buying one. I do want a clean LMB/ IR E39 M5 next and if I can find a decent E60 M5 for $12 grand or so, ill snag one just for that V10.

Originally posted by James31 View Post
                    Nice cars. I’ve been thinking about a space gray e92 m3 as well but just can’t pul the trigger as I feel like it’s all the things you mentioned.
                    I hear you. I got a great deal on it and it was local, so it worked out. I looked for specs that would have future collector potential and thus I don't think I'll lose money on it now or in the future. All that justified me getting into one of these, otherwise there are better options out there !

Originally posted by D1NO View Post
                    Love this color combo
                    Thanks !

Originally posted by BMWahba View Post
                    Awesome, I hope to own that duo some day. Hanging on to the E46?
                    Yes, the E46 is a keeper.
                    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

ts been very cold out the past couple of weeks and I haven't had a chance to drive the car or get much done. We had about a half day of decent weather the other day and I got a little bit done.

Decided to wash the floor mats which were in the trunk. Sadly, I never noticed that they're the non-M mats that the previous owner opted to go with. I'll probably replace them at some point but they'll get the job done for now as they're in good condition.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	179.7 KB ID:	17874

I used diluted simple green APC and a brush attached to my cordless drill.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.4 KB ID:	17873

the trunk lining were in good condition but I decided to clean them while I was at it too. the material BMW uses is super easy to wash and dries really quick. it was much more of a PITA to remove and reinstall them than to wash them !

I vacuumed the trunk as well and remove the battery (what a colossal PITA) to clean under it too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	203.1 KB ID:	17875

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	310.4 KB ID:	17876

Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	0 Size:	378.4 KB ID:	17879
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	188.8 KB ID:	17878

I hung them inside the garage as it was windy outside and I did not want tree leaves and pollens to get stuck on them.

Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	207.4 KB ID:	17877

all back together ! polished that black plastic trim as well. and while I had everything apart, I removed the tail lights to clean the dust behind them... forgot to take pics !

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0571.jpg Views:	0 Size:	195.1 KB ID:	17885

Few days later, some goodies arrived...... both excited and sad at the same time because this was one EXPENSIVE order.

9 Liters of LM 10W-60 with Mahle filter. brand new oil drain plugs. got a 36mm socket for the oil filter too
                      OEM BMW coolant + LM radiator flush

Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	0 Size:	158.6 KB ID:	17880

3 Liters of Pentosin MTF... I cheaped out and went with Pentosin over BMW, but its probably the same fluid. also cheaped out on the drain plugs. they're too expensive and IMO unnecessary to swap. Yes it does say DCT fluid and my car is a 6MT but the fluid is appropriate for both transmissions. I triple checked with Pentosin, FCP, ECS and bimmerworld. The other options were the original BMW MTF-LT2 or MTF-LT3 which is the MTF-LT2 replacement.... some run MTF-LT5 (its getting out of control BMW, get it together )
                      1.5 L BMW diff fluid + drain bolts
                      1 Liter Pentosin CHF 11S PS fluid +crush washers for the banjo bolts when I completely drain it
                      1 L of Pentosin DOT 4 brake fluid

Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	199.2 KB ID:	17881

Additives aka snake oil
                      2 bottles LM motor oil saver (hoping it may stop the valve cover oozing for now till I get to it)
                      2 bottles MoS2
                      2 bottles of LM Engine flush...probably wont end up using them but i got them for now... I have no idea how long the previous oil change intervals have been
                      Mahle Air filter

Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	0 Size:	237.9 KB ID:	17882

I think the 46M is starting to realize that she may be a sidechick for a few weeks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	0 Size:	235.3 KB ID:	17883
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Maxima SE; 04-26-2020, 04:36 PM.
                      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Great purchase, congrats! Glad to hear your e46 is still in the mix. A '13 w/comp pkg, cf roof, manual would be my choice for an e9* as well. I actually prefer the e90 sedan looks wise in that generation for some reason.

Cheers,
                        -From an old Maxima.org lad

Comment

Question, for the e9x, is there a better “year” to buy? I heard 2010 and onwards are better than 2008-2010?

Comment

Originally posted by Poowill View Post
                            Great purchase, congrats! Glad to hear your e46 is still in the mix. A '13 w/comp pkg, cf roof, manual would be my choice for an e9* as well. I actually prefer the e90 sedan looks wise in that generation for some reason.

Cheers,
                            -From an old Maxima.org lad
                            that is awesome. I was on that forum for about a decade. Used to have a 4th gen and currently a 5spd 5th gen AE.

Originally posted by MrClutch55 View Post
                            Question, for the e9x, is there a better “year” to buy? I heard 2010 and onwards are better than 2008-2010?
                            They're pretty much all the same except i think the rod bearing material was changed with LCI.
                            2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post

The E46 is king ! I drove the E92 home from Cincinnati to Detroit and it made me love the E46 even more. There is really no comparison whatsoever. On the highway, the E92 felt like a 650i or 540i, really nothing special. Even on the streets it feels like a slow boat. I think my E46 might even be a little quicker from a stop. handling is night and day difference too, but keep in mind that the E92 is stock and the E46 has a lot of suspension and exhaust mods.
                              I also have both and feel the same way. Mine is even heavier though as I have a 4000 pound e93m3 convertible - still a 6MT though. It makes for a great daily driver though, super comfy, quiet, and makes great v8 sounds especially with the top down.
                              E46 324i k24/dct/turbo Build Thread
                              Phoenix Yellow e46m3 Build Thread
                              Melbourne Red e93m3

Comment

Working...
                              X