SoCal Silbergrau - The Mechanical Gem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post
    That cable works on win10. Just have to find the drivers online. Maybe someone has the link, been a long time since I last did that.

EDIT: a quick search led me here and it looks familiar: https://ftdichip.com/drivers/vcp-drivers/
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I tried that but it didn't work.
    I was recommended the cable from bimmergeek, I'll try that.
    >>> MY BUILD <<<

Comment

Originally posted by diaz_csl View Post

Thanks for the suggestion.
      I tried that but it didn't work.
      I was recommended the cable from bimmergeek, I'll try that.
      It's almost certainly software side though. That cable supports windows 10, I have the same cable. Have you done all the usual required steps to get it to work, setting the serial port to COM1 and latency timer to 1 etc?

Comment

Somewhat late posting this, nevertheless wanted to share.

In my grueling quest to find genuine CSL trinkets and upgrades I came across one of the most difficult and rare items to obtain: a complete set of genuine CSL seats.
        Immediately I contacted the seller only to find that the seats where in New Zealand.
        I've had parts shipped from outside the US before, mostly from Germany and England but nothing of this scale.
        Going thru the shipping process was confusing, questions arose such as:
        • What shipping options are available?
        • What type of insurance should I get?
        • How do I hire a broker to release my shipment at customs?
        • How to properly package the seats for shipping?
        I called many shipping companies, many of them wouldn't deal anything this size.
        Finally, I got a hold of someone over the phone that was a 20 minute drove away from home, they answered all of my questions and provided me the required forms.
        Their price was competitive with similar shippers and made me feel comfortable working with them.

The day they arrived I was stoked to get them on the M, what a difference!
        Since this car is my 3rd E46 I've had an extensive amount of experience driving factory E46 seats and I came to the conclusion that I'm not a big fan of the all-leather seats.
        My gripe with all-leather E46 seats is usually the fabric from my shirt/jacket slides effortlessly against the leather.
        The fabric seats on my M are an upgrade IMO, slightly lighter and the fabric grips you a little better.

CSL seats are a game-changer, they hug your sides and keep your body in place. Not too tall, not too short, just right.
        I paid a good price for these seats, went thru a learning-curve to have these shipped and couldn't be happier with the decision.

​​

Seller was even nice to upload a video to show me more details about the seats.

Attached Files
        Last edited by diaz_csl; 04-10-2022, 09:12 PM.
        >>> MY BUILD <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Thoglan View Post

It's almost certainly software side though. That cable supports windows 10, I have the same cable. Have you done all the usual required steps to get it to work, setting the serial port to COM1 and latency timer to 1 etc?
          Couldn't get the cable to work, in the end I purchased one from Bimmergeeks and worked like a charm.
          If anyone wants the first cable I purchased and give it a try it's up for grabs free of charge, just pay shipping.
          >>> MY BUILD <<<

Comment

Working...
          X