Zzyzx85's 2003 IR/Black 6spd High Mileage (275k miles!) Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zzyzx85's 2003 IR/Black 6spd High Mileage (275k miles!) Build

I guess it's time to restart my journal.

2003 Imola Red/Black 6 speed coupe

Car's Prior History: I purchased it in 2017 for $7000. It had 3 previous owners (last two were father who then sold it to his son). Found it on M3F in Las Vegas. With rod bearings recall done, a clean rear subframe, and a solid maintenance record, I was willing to over look the fact it had spent most of its 12 years in Las Vegas out in the elements (read: clearcoat failing and crumbling exterior trim) and the 195k miles on the odometer.

Parts List:
    (as of Oct. '21)
    wheels: Volk G2 18x9.5 +35
    suspension: JRZ RS One, 450/550, Ground Control camber plates (Race but changing to Street), Ground Control weight jacks, Turner street rear camber arms, Turner spherical rear upper inner control arm bushing
    engine: WPC treated rod bearings, VANOS bulletproofed using Beisan parts, Karbonius CSL intake with snorkel, Euro headers and cats, Kassel tuned HP DME (only with CSL intake), Super Sprint Sport muffler
    chassis: Redish RACP reinforcement plates, Turner solid aluminum subframe bushings
    ICE: Alpine HU, Alpine compact amp, Rockford Fosgate sub

Last edited by zzyzx85; 10-11-2021, 09:28 PM.

I've been posting a lot to the "What did you do with your M3 today?" thread so I'll be moving/copying it here.

October 3, 2021:

Took it to our second track day. Ran a 2:15.xx at Auto Club Speedway Roval, according to Harry's Lap Timer. Mostly just having fun with friends, letting off a little steam, and getting to know a RWD chassis more (came from a '11 STI). Seriously fun how this car can rotate with throttle application.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct-03-2021-Speed Ventures (Sun) [[b0bd5ca7da]] - 6-Sprint Lane - Session 3 (Turn 13) - AC5_2855_Oct0321_330PM_CaliPhoto.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	131287
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Oct-03-2021-Speed Ventures (Sun) [[b0bd5ca7da]] - 6-Sprint Lane - Session 2 (Turn 7) - AC5_6226_Oct0321_1252PM_CaliPhoto.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	131288
    Attached Files

Comment

275k on original motor? Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
        275k on original motor? Awesome!
        From as far as we could tell, it's the original engine. I was thinking I'd need to buy another engine to build on the side in case this one blows but haven't really felt like I needed to.

Comment

I'd like to know if that subframe is really clean after 275k? have you dropped it? has the floor been reinforced?
          2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
          2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof

Comment

Originally posted by Maxima SE View Post
            I'd like to know if that subframe is really clean after 275k? have you dropped it? has the floor been reinforced?
            It was clean when I bought it at 195k miles. I've since had it reinforced using Redish's kit (noted in first post).

Comment

Working...
            X