Robs E46M Street to Track Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
    what's it like owing two of the same cars with different tuning philosophies? do you ever drive one and wish you were driving the other or is it vice versa?
    Yeah very different cars. This car is not fun to drive on the street. Way too stiff, bucket seats, engine is tuned for high RPM. It's a blast on the track and I can do things with it that I wouldn't want to experiment with on the street car. I also don't have to stress about the paint!

Rosso on the other hand is a blast on the street. Comfortable interior, not too loud, torque at lower RPM. Rosso definitely my preferred car right now 😆.

Comment

All back together and out for a test drive. Breakin in the new diff for a couple hundred miles then a fluid change and a track day soon! Very happy with the black clubsport wing, I think it looks better than a color match.

Last edited by robgill; 05-25-2022, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Beautiful car. I’m glad this popped up on my feed. I’m going to go ahead and demand that you post a new diff review haha. I’m eyeing that exact diff with those exact specs for my home track, VIR. Wrap looks awesome too. I see you have the Hard low profile ducts on? Do you run 275’s? Rack limiters? I tore mine up quickly. Great build(s) and respect for documenting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2006 ///M3 6MT Coupe Jet Black Track Car
        [Karbonius] [MCS 2WNR] [Zionsville] [ [SPAL] [Ground Control] [Beisan] [Rogue Engineering] [Vorshlag] [Redish] [CMP] [Bimmerworld] [Kassel] [TTFS] [Apex] [TMS Sways] [Buildjournal] [Radium] [Ultimate Pedals] [OMP Seats/Harnesses] [UUC SSK] [Custom Cage] [Supersprint] [Carbontastic] [MEC CSL Diffuser] [Trackspec] [Street Faction] [Condor] [Hard Motorsports] [AiM] [Maintenance] [Ask me about products and exact weight of front end components]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh1179 View Post
          Beautiful car. I’m glad this popped up on my feed. I’m going to go ahead and demand that you post a new diff review haha. I’m eyeing that exact diff with those exact specs for my home track, VIR. Wrap looks awesome too. I see you have the Hard low profile ducts on? Do you run 275’s? Rack limiters? I tore mine up quickly. Great build(s) and respect for documenting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Thanks! Yeah I’m looking forward to getting to Watkins Glen next month to give the diff a proper test👍.

I do run rack limiters and currently have 265/30/19 with tons of space. I have also run 275/35/18 with no rubbing.

Comment

Something about the Clubsport wing and being in the Bronx just looks right haha

Needs more White Castle to be even more authentic.

Car looks great!
            2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
            2005 BMW ///M3
            Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
            2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
            2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
            2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
              Something about the Clubsport wing and being in the Bronx just looks right haha

Needs more White Castle to be even more authentic.

Car looks great!
              White Castle one block away 😂!

Comment

Car looks great with the wrap! Nice choice Rob.. hope all is well.
                Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

Great work! The Clubsport wing reminds me of the GTR Strassenversion.

Comment

Originally posted by Onefastsicilian View Post
                    Car looks great with the wrap! Nice choice Rob.. hope all is well.
                    Frank!! Love that you're still lurking on E46M threads 🤣. Now I just need to get a track day, Maybe Lime Rock in Late June??

Originally posted by m3_aaron View Post
                    Great work! The Clubsport wing reminds me of the GTR Strassenversion.
                    Agreed! I'm really liking it, especially in black.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Frank!! Love that you're still lurking on E46M threads 🤣. Now I just need to get a track day, Maybe Lime Rock in Late June??

Agreed! I'm really liking it, especially in black.

I’ll forever be an e46 guy!!! I’ll own another one day when/if prices come down.

let me know if you find a good event at LRP, I’ll join!
                      Instagram: @_Frank_Stone_

Comment

New classic BMW Motorsport clock roundels!

Click image for larger version

Name:	52601350098_631a87195c_b.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	198602

Name:	52601092549_e7e6b34e39_b.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	215.2 KB
ID:	198603

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
                          Hold for engine rebuild history
                          Saw you made 370whp and almost 300wtq, would love an update on the engine rebuild whenever you have a moment.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerbalanced View Post

Saw you made 370whp and almost 300wtq, would love an update on the engine rebuild whenever you have a moment.
                            Still going strong!! Im going to try and get it back on RK Tunes new dyno in a few weeks. Its been a few years so would be good to check the power. Got it out on Palmer a few weekends ago with EYEHAVEYOU and it pulled hard on the hills. Had some nice in car video but forgot to turn on the remote mic 🤦‍♂️. Wish I could get it out on track more but got to many projects going right now.

Name:	IMG_1057.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	237983

Comment

Working...
                            X