KhanArt's Jet Black///Cinnamon 6spd E46 M3 build journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update (4/28/2015) SSK, Pulleys, Motor and Trans Mounts installed

I finally had the Auto Solutions 20% SSK along with the Rogue Engineering Trans Mounts installed this weekend. I had installed the Turner Power Pulley Kit and OEM Motor Mounts a little earlier in the month.

I honestly couldn't and haven't noticed any difference in steering feel with the pulleys and can't say I noticed a difference with the motor mounts either. I wasn't expecting anything with the motor mounts. However all these changes together made a nice difference. Car feels solid.

Out of these 4 modifications the AS SSK 20% is by far my favorite and a clear change for the better. It was also the most difficult to install. Big thanks to forum member and friend Charlie for coming through.

I also passed the 3 year milestone of ownership a few days ago. It has been a great 3 years.

Below are the pictures of the parts that were removed and replaced. All have about 56k miles on them.

Motor Mounts, replaced with OEM Updated Mounts

Transmission Mounts, replaced with Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts

Pulleys, replaced with Turner Power Pulley Kit. Notice some fluid spray on one of the pulleys.

Shifter, replaced with Auto Solutions 20%

I also had a dyno done after the power mods were installed. My last dyno was 328whp and 263tq on this dyno. Since then I added a Active Autowerkes Gen 6 muffler, Turner Power Pulley Kit, and removed my BimmerWorld Intake Elbow. My best run after these changes was 335.4whp and 263.6tq on the same dyno. Not bad for something that I didn't think would gain much. I only have a screen shot at the moment but will get graph later.

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
    Build///Journal
    IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

So this happened..... :shifty:

Build///Journal

Comment

Hell ya! Congrats
        DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
        /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
        More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
          Hell ya! Congrats
          It didn't really happen lol. I am reposting my build journal and just chose to stop there yesterday.
          Build///Journal

Comment

Update (5/6/2015) Full Detail E90 M3

As some of you know I am a hobby detailer and photographer so when my good friend and colleague asked me to detail his car I could not turn down the offer. Not much to say other than the car speaks for it self. Alpine White, Cloth, SlickTop, DCT. If you are in the DMV area and want your car detailed at a reasonable price and are flexible with time you know how to reach me :thumbup:

Enjoy!!

Build///Journal

Comment

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (6/4/2015) Full Detail/Paint Correction E90 M3

I had another E90 M3 come to my garage for a full detail/paint correction. This M3 was literally a black and white opposite of the last E90 I did :taser:. This was far from stock (I believe making close to 600whp if not more) also the paint on this was in far worse shape. It required some effort but I was able to get good results and get out most of the swirls/scratches.

Enjoy!!

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (6/10/2015) Full Detail E92 M3 Competition

I had the opportunity to get my hands on this lovely piece of machinery to give it my touch. I am starting to see a pattern with E9x's and me :shifty:

Anyways my build thread is getting side tracked so I created a separate thread for the detailing: http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...post1067102382

I will post some pictures here but I will go into further detail on that thread. I need to give my own car some love.. it's been neglected.

Enjoy

Build///Journal

Comment

Nothing new on my car yet. I plan to do an:

Oil/Filter Change and some basic annual maintenance I do.

I also plan on giving it a hard core detail spanning over many days since I don't have time to do it in one day. I will be using all the new tools, supplies, and techniques I have picked up.

I did recently complete giving El Jefe's E55 AMG some love. More details in my detailing thread. That's it for now :thumbsup2:

Build///Journal

Comment

Just got this shirt in the mail today

Build///Journal

Comment

Had my bro BeastMobile over this weekend and we tag teamed to detail and knocked out his car together. His car was previously blue from a process similar to plasti dip but in a different finish. It left his paint dull and with no gloss. Well after some work we both were very happy with the results. I also had the pleasure of driving it after his newly installed OEM CSL Airbox and CSL conversion, SS V1 Headers, SS Section 1, and StopTech Trophy BBK done at TTFS. I am sold, I must have all of those now! Look out for his build journal for all the pics.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (8/4/2015) Oil/Filter Change, Vanos Filter Change, Shifter Trim, and New Tires.

Got some work done on the M yesterday. Oil/filter change, vanos filter and associated o rings, shifter trim, and some new rubbers.

I am sticking with Castrol until I can be convinced otherwise. So far nothing I have read or heard has made me want to change.

Vanos filter kit from ECS Tuning - Before

After

Worn shifter trim - Old

New

Some proper tires! Michelin PSS

Off to get mounted

I plan to take some proper pictures of the entire car whenever I find time to finish detailing it :thumbsup:
                          Build///Journal

Comment

Weekend Grind

Sent from my GALAXY Note Edge
                            Build///Journal

Comment

Just got this in the mail today. If you have a e46 especially with the cup holders removed in place of a euro tray like me than this is a must. Don't waste your time on cheap alternatives, ask me how I know.

Ultimate Cup Holder

Sent from my GALAXY Note Edge
                              Build///Journal

Comment

Look what came in the mail today, my M Clunk oil filter cap. Cell phone pictures for now only, will take better pictures once installed.

Initial impressions I'm very happy with how it looks in person. Haven't compared to the oem cap but possible weight savings :lolhit:

Thanks Max and Paulo for a great product it seems. Can't wait to see what else you guys come out with. This will definitely compliment the engine bay and a polished vanos.

Hit up maxvincentbmx@gmail.com if interested in any of their pieces, tell them KhanArt sent you :thumbup:

So I finally had a free minute to install my oil cap this weekend. Fitment is on point, the o-ring seats properly. I put some hard spirited miles on it and no leaks. Love how it looks. Thanks Max and Paulo.

Now just need a polished vanos and bolt :taser:

Build///Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X