KhanArt's Jet Black///Cinnamon 6spd E46 M3 build journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update (3/16/2014) CPI High Airflow Air Filter

I got a new air filter from Custom Performance. Didn't take a pic, website shot will have to do.

2004 Jet Black/Cinnamon 6spd ///M3
    Build///Journal
    IG: Khan_Art_

Comment

Update (3/28/2014) OEM Amber corners and sidemarkers

I thought I give the ambers a try. I still have my clear and smoke set so I can switch at any time. It's different but I like it, I think it goes well with the cinnamon interior. I will be needing amber LED tail lights soon.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (4/5/2014) Amber film on OEM LED tail lights

Let's just say for the price I paid I'm not going to complain. But later in the future I may purchase amber LED tails if a good deal comes up either that or give the film another try since I have enough left over to do it again.

Before

After

Amber Corners and Sidemarkers
        Build///Journal

Comment

Update (4/12/2014) Hit 55k today

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (4/12/2014) Independent Dyno (DynoJet in SAE)

This is what my car made on 4/12/2014 on this dyno. I finally had an independent dyno performed on a DynoJet in SAE. I was expecting about 5whp higher, maybe on a different day. I feel like the stock airbox/stock muffler has me maxed out. I am still very happy with the results and to be able to confirm the numbers on another independent dyno.

2004 E46 M3
            6MT
            55k miles

DynoJet
            93 Octane
            4 Gear Pulls

Modifications:
            Active Autowerke headers
            CPI filter
            CPI RTX section 1
            CPI X Stream section 2
            OEM Muffler
            TTFS IAT relocate kit
            TTFS Custom Tune
            BW intake elbow

*It was about 80 degrees in the shop where I dyno'd, much warmer then the last time I posted. A better fan was used last time for cooling. I had my tune adjusted to drop the redline to 8200 and focus more on midrange power. I also don't daily drive the car so gas was sitting in the tank for some time from the crap weather we've been having on the east coast. I feel like the stock airbox is restricting me from making more power. Regardless very happy with my independent results on a independent dynojet SAE considering the conditions. Different day, different conditions/variables most likely would produce different numbers.*

KhanArt's E46 M3 Independent Dyno (DynoJet in SAE) - YouTube
            Build///Journal

Comment

Update (4/16/2014) Keychain, driving gloves, and steering wheel

I got a piston keychain to go along with my M keychain, still trying to get my hands on the head gasket keychain Borja showed us.

M driving gloves for the times I want to look like a wanker :shifty:

Coby Wheel, I love this thing. Went with something a little different then your standard wrapped wheel. Will have better pics and review whenever I get it installed. Can't wait.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (4/18/2014) Coby Wheel Installed

I got a chance late last night to install the wheel. I didn't really bother to take pictures of the installation process since it has been done many times before. Anyways I love the wheel it goes great with my shift and e-brakes boots. Mike (Coby Wheel) was very good in responding to the many emails I sent him with questions. Excellent customer service. Only one picture for now, I will do a photo shoot later.

Black Alcantara
                M Tri Stitch
                Perforated Alcantara sides
                Cinnamonish Lamb Skin 12 O'clock stripe

Also we had beautiful weather today so I took the family out to a park and then dinner in the M, hit a lot of the local twisties :shiftdriv Wifey and baby enjoyed it :thumbsup2:

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (8/2/2014) Detail/BimmerFest/Pictures

Finally had an excuse to give the car a good detail for BimmerFest. Here are some pics of the car at the show. Love it when I get that Jet Black to pop.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (9/1/2014) Paintless Dent Removal

I somehow got a new dent on my car so I decided to get paintless dent removal done. I was eventually going to have it done since I had a previous ding that I wanted removed. Sorry didn't take any pictures since it probably would be hard to capture them in a photo. I went with Pushing Tin in Rockville off a referral from my brother in law. Brett did a great job and fair price.

Also was my sons one year old birthday party this weekend. Thanks to my sister and brother in law he got his first Beemer to match dad. Photo shoot with both cars together in the future.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (10/11/2014) DYNO

A few of us decided to give Frank Smith a surprise birthday party at the shop today. It was a good time with the TTFS fam. After Dave (Dafoe) put his car on the dyno and had his tune tweaked I decided to put mine on to see how she did on this dyno.

Results are pretty dead on with 2 other dyno's I had done on different dyno's with the same mods.

Same mods on Dyno Dynamics

Same mods on Dynojet in SAE

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (12/23/2014) Misc.

Not much of an update.. cleaning the cob webs off the journal really. Hopefully I'll have more of an update in the near future.

Deltran Battery Tender

Battery was giving out on me due to the cold and lack of driving. I've had this connected for over a week now and it seems it may have saved the battery. Haven't really been able to test it for a long period of time off the trickle charger.

M3F 2015 Calendar

This will be going up in the office.

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (1/7/2015) Short Video Mix

I was playing around with my phone and found a feature that makes a short video clip of selected pictures. Nothing fancy at all but thought I share.

KhanArt's JetBlack/Cinnamon E46 M3 - YouTube
                          Build///Journal

Comment

Update (1/10/2015) Active Autowerkes Gen 6 Muffler

Active Gen 6 muffler installed. I am very pleased so far. I love the look and size of the exhaust tips and the sound of my complete exhaust set up. It is just loud enough but not obnoxious annoying loud. I haven't been able to detect any drone or rasp either. If there is any it is very minimal. Very pleased in the quality of the piece and I didn't expect any less after my purchase of the Active headers. I only wish it was a little lighter. OEM muffler is for sale.

My full exhaust is:

Active Autowerkes Headers
                            CPI RTX Section 1
                            CPI X-Stream Section 2
                            Active Autowerkes Gen 6 Muffler

Big thanks to the TTFS team for coming through as always. I will eventually have a dyno performed to see if there were any gains even though I do not expect any.

Active Autowerkes Headers:

CPI RTX Section 1:

CPI X-Stream Section 2:

Active Autowerkes Gen 6 Muffler:

Short video of start up/rev:

Active Autowerkes Gen 6 Muffler - YouTube
                            Build///Journal

Comment

Update (2/11/2015) Auto Solutions 20% SSK

Just got this in the mail today, AS SSK 20%

Who knows when I'll put it on, want to do motor and trans mounts at the same time. Might get impatient and put that off lol.

I am leaning toward OEM motor and trans mounts unless someone can change my mind. I want the quality, quietness, and longevity of OEM. But open to suggestions on something with better performance without adding much NVH.

Will do a proper update when it goes on.

I also removed my Bimmer World Intake Boot and went back to stock. I want to do the full CSL airbox, rail, map sensor, DME conversion in the future.

Bye bye boot :hi:

Build///Journal

Comment

Update (3/11/2015) More Parts Hoarding

I already received my Auto Solutions 20% SSK about a month ago.

Today I received my Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts. I also received Turner Motorsports Power Pulley Kit (not pictured).

I am only waiting on OEM E46/E9X Motor Mounts to arrive. I am hoping to have everything installed this month and to do a dyno when complete to see if there is any change from my recent modifications.

Pic of me chilling with some street outlaws :shifty:

Build///Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X