Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyler's 04 slicktop 6spd Silvergrey MCS/Brembo/CSL/Karbonius/Nogaros/Supersprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you notice the faster on-center response in the steering from the toe out in the front ?

I guess you didn’t have specs as your doing it outside of an alignment machine, so it’s hard to tell degrees, etc.?

Comment

Tyler,

I am thinking of picking up an SGT SCZA, but there is a carbon intake in my future and I don't want the exhaust to be so loud I cannot hear the intake. Was your SGT SCZA muffler too loud for the carbon intake?

Thanks,
      Jesse
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Awesome update Brother

Comment

Originally posted by loudspeaker69 View Post
          Did you notice the faster on-center response in the steering from the toe out in the front ?

I guess you didn’t have specs as your doing it outside of an alignment machine, so it’s hard to tell degrees, etc.?
          Yes, definitely. I'm tempted to keep toe out, but it looks a little silly on thin (8.5") 19" CSL wheels imo. Looks appropriate with 18x9.5"et22, tho.

Ya I don't what the alignment specs are. I should get that though (current vs new) when I do the alignment soon.

Originally posted by D-O View Post
          Tyler,

I am thinking of picking up an SGT SCZA, but there is a carbon intake in my future and I don't want the exhaust to be so loud I cannot hear the intake. Was your SGT SCZA muffler too loud for the carbon intake?

Thanks,
          Jesse
          Hi Jesse,

It was a little too much ya. That doesn't mean you won't hear the intake, you will for sure. But it did detract. I also wanted to go back to stock, and I was able to trade the scza for CSL wheels, so...

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
          Awesome update Brother
          Thanks Ejaz!
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I don't want to spend the money on the muffler and end up being sorry. I guess that leaves stock or maybe SS Stradale.

Jesse
            Last edited by D-O; 09-24-2021, 04:44 AM.
            Old, not obsolete.

Comment

I believe (educated guess) that the toe-in in the front and double that amount of toe-in in the rear is for stability at high speed, as in autobahn speed.

So a touch of toe-out in the front for steering response and toe-in, in the rear for stability may not hurt ?

Comment

A little toe-in in the rear for stability.

I'll probably just do neutral up front. If I get (wider) 18s again, I'll dial camber in further which will cause some toe-out.

Comment

The car just gets better and better!
                  2005 M3 - SGM, 6MT, Impuls Cloth, Slicktop
                  2022 M3 - BRG, Tartufo, xDrive​

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                    A little toe-in in the rear for stability.

I'll probably just do neutral up front. If I get (wider) 18s again, I'll dial camber in further which will cause some toe-out.
                    Just my 2cents:

Weekend Car:
                    - Front: Toe out
                    - Rear : Toe In

Daily Car:
                    - Front: Toe @ Zero for the Daily
                    - Rear: Toe @ Zero or A touch of Toe In
                    (I run this set up with Toe in @ the rear and have noticed very good tire wear on my Michelin Pilot 4S)

Comment

Those DMG rear braces look nice, but dang they are $855 today on eBay!

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                        Those DMG rear braces look nice, but dang they are $855 today on eBay!
                        Different styles and finishes are less. Also the longer you wait the more the price keeps going up due to raw materials.
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Ya damn inflation & materials/supply chain issues. I feel bad for people getting into the E46 and modding nowadays. Remember the good 'ol days of no online sales tax and $15k m3s?

Comment

Did a canyon run a few days after the suspension changes, and really disliked the lifeless steering feel I was getting. It reminded me of when I tried the TMS monoball FCABs. I figured it was the spherical camber plates. I was very happy with the previous TMS plates (poly bush), so I bought another set ("street") and sold the Vorshlags to a friend.

You can see the much larger footprint of the TMS. Despite the disparity in size, the TMS are no heavier than the vorshlags, luckily. Gonna miss the vorshlags, they're really really nice and well made.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates02.JPG Views:	0 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	133586

The TMS plates are quite a bit more expensive than other options. Worse still, they don't come with the necessary upper thrust bearing. Turner gives you the option of buying them, but they word it as "perches." Well, I didn't think I needed it because I didn't want stock perches - I'm using 60mm springs. Turns out the BMW part is a combo, it's the black metal spring perch WITH the yellow/black bearing.

So I ordered a new set of perches/bearing for $40

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210904_152513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.4 KB ID:	133588 Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates3.JPG Views:	0 Size:	111.5 KB ID:	133587 Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates4.JPG Views:	0 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	133589

I hadn't gotten an alignment yet, so no biggie dropping the other plates and putting the TMS in

Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates03.JPG Views:	0 Size:	31.4 KB ID:	133590

Not quite as pretty as the gold and red of the vorshalgs And the plates' studs are unnecessarily long.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates08.JPG Views:	0 Size:	64.9 KB ID:	133591

All done. Hopefully, this is the only change I need to make to be all set and then get an alignment.

Click image for larger version  Name:	TMSplates01.JPG Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	133592

Happy to report, the car feels great again. I've got the spherical RSMs and bottom shock attachment, but they don't ruin any perception in "feel." I'm all about the feel and the sound aka the "experience"
                            ____

My cubby door (under hvac) got a couple of scratches over the years, so I bought a new one, but I got the sun glasses holder with the lid that folds down. It's lined with soft felt inside which is nice as it quiets whatever is inside when it's moving around (my garage door opener or whatever).

Click image for larger version  Name:	CubbySilverG.JPG Views:	0 Size:	85.7 KB ID:	133596

New next to old. Honestly, the old one looks incredible for 18 years and 180k miles, but my steelgrey car's cubby is atrocious, so this one will refresh that car nicely. The standard for this car is higher.

Click image for larger version  Name:	sunglassholder04.JPG Views:	0 Size:	61.1 KB ID:	133595
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	sunglassholder07.JPG Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	133594
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	sunglassholder09.JPG Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	133597
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Silverginterior (14).JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	133593
                            Last edited by Tbonem3; 10-25-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I need to get a set of TMS plates too, probably when i get my PSS10's

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Silverginterior (14).JPG Views:	0 Size:	65.5 KB ID:	133593

Nice.....I wasn't aware there was a fold down option.
                                2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                                Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                                Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Working...
                                X