Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyler's 04 slicktop 6spd Silvergrey MCS/Brembo/CSL/Karbonius/Nogaros/Supersprint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Hmm, Vince has you keep the threads for his products. You drill up into the trunk with a drill bit that's the same size as the minor diameter of the subframe bolts (~10mm for M12x1.5) and then tap the rest of the insert so you can run the longer studs through. I'm not familiar with the install process for that brace, but I would keep the threads if possible.

Edit:

Vince posted his cross section sketches here: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...852#post128852
    Good visualization for what I described above.
    Yeah I'd much prefer the solution that you describe. Not keen to make a no-going-back change like drilling the thread out. Will do some more investigation - as you suggest drilling smaller and tapping seems preferable to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 ///M3 SMG Coupe Silbergrau Metallic/CSL bucket seats
    Build Thread:
    https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...e46-m3-journal

Comment

Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post

Hmm, Vince has you keep the threads for his products. You drill up into the trunk with a drill bit that's the same size as the minor diameter of the subframe bolts (~10mm for M12x1.5) and then tap the rest of the insert so you can run the longer studs through. (...)
      Confirming this 👍
      IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
      A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
      Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
      Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
      Touring S62 6MT
      Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Would this car ever be for sale?

Comment

Doubtful, but never say never. Don't see it happening any time soon.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

Before installing the sect 1, I routed the O2 plugs through a hole in the heatshield (made when I had euro cats) and run along the tunnel, driver side

Click image for larger version Name:	silvergHJSgiubo13.JPG Views:	0 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	147812

Hello

Click image for larger version Name:	silvergHJSgiubo14.JPG Views:	0 Size:	179.2 KB ID:	147815

Once the pipes are installed, I pulled the O2 plus as far forward as possible, to meet the harnesses that need to be run behind the airbox and down tranny/clutch line area (already done in 2014). They'll reach a bit past the tranny brace. It's actually a good area for them to meet the harnesses as there are already some clips for the wiring of the tranny sensors.

Click image for larger version Name:	silvergHJSgiubo15.JPG Views:	0 Size:	39.4 KB ID:	147814

🤞
            I think this is the part I'm not understanding. Are you just showing the process of where the male ends of the harnesses got routed through ?

Comment

Yes, at least in that post, there are no pics of any of the routing from engine to transmission as that was done back in 2014. I want to say I had some more pics/info at the time back on m3forum, but when I had to recreate this thread, I don't think I put the info in. I'll check to see if I have any pics from back then. I remember a thread on this forum with more info though, if you want to try searching.
              DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
              /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
              More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Working...
              X