Picked up an Imola Rot.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xmetal View Post

I think you just like all those BMW engines that are always on the brink of going kaboom due to rod bearing(s) failure....oooooh the excitement of each drive

Yes, I have cruise control. I thought all Z4M had cruise control?
    Those are the fun engines lol ! One of the reasons I got this car is because the bearings were just changed.

I do not have cruise control on mine. But I guess it can be retrofitted.
    2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
    2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
    2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

So on the way home when I bought the car a diesel dodge ram and a couple tesla SUVs were messing with me driving on my butt or cutting me off.... I brushed it off....

but then yesterday I went to walmart to pick up some oil for my daily and parked in a corner in a HUGE parking lot. Come back to see the walmart truck driver dropped off his trailer right behind me to block me... even though he could have pulled it forward another 3 feet or simply parked in 10 other wide open places..... I did not think an old little red BMW would make adults act like a little kids !

Click image for larger version  Name:	thumbnail_IMG_5164.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.7 KB ID:	185038
      Attached Files
      2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Congrats.

Friend of mine has had his longer than I've had my M3 and it's been over 10 years now.

What I know from seat time in a Z4M Coupe:

RPI exhaust is awesome

That ZF gearbox isn't the best, I'd recco an AS SSK in there with some RE trans mounts

No subframe issues lol
        2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 BMW ///M3
        Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
        2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
        2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
        2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Sharocks View Post
          Congrats.

Friend of mine has had his longer than I've had my M3 and it's been over 10 years now.

What I know from seat time in a Z4M Coupe:

RPI exhaust is awesome

That ZF gearbox isn't the best, I'd recco an AS SSK in there with some RE trans mounts

No subframe issues lol
          Definitely will be doing RE trans mounts and new motor mounts. But those RPI exhaust tips… no thanks !

no subframe issues was definitely one of the reasons I pursued this chassis. The S54 bullet proofing does not bother me.
          2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Do 034 engine mounts with RE trans mounts should solve most of the drive train movements. The 034 mounts is most OE like (in terms of NVH) but with less slops. I loved the VT mounts, but it does transmit some (although minor) NVH on this stiff chassis during idle. The 034 sits somewhere between the OE and VT. If you want a smoother 1-2 shift, Royal Purple SYNCHROMAX does wonders for this transmission.
            Last edited by Xmetal; 09-20-2022, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Some updates on the car which you guys can see on ZPOST. https://www.zpost.com/forums/showpos...98&postcount=6

Its too hard to upload attachments on this site
              2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

Working...
              X