Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black & Tan 332iT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • bigjae46
    replied
    Originally posted by heinzboehmer View Post
    You did it with the airbox still installed? Impressive.

    I had mine off and cylinder 6 was still a pain.
    Damn...I pulled the ITBs off. I was thinking that was easier than trying to mess with it on the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • heinzboehmer
    replied
    You did it with the airbox still installed? Impressive.

    I had mine off and cylinder 6 was still a pain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    After heinzboehmer’s experience, I replaced the throttle body pull rods today. Can’t say I noticed anything major, maybe a bit easier to nail downshifts. It’s certainly not worse, and there was definitely a little bit of slack in the 200k mile ones they replaced.

    Also that job is a pain with the airbox still attached. Next time I’m in there I’ll have to remove the old pull rod that I dropped.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by Obioban View Post
    Looks great!

    I've always wondered what that thing that looks like a fan mount on the CS is. It's like they planned to offer ventilation, but, as far as I can tell, they never did.
    Thanks!

    I'm 99% sure you're right. Seems like sort of a funny idea but sure why not!

    Now to remove them for powder coat and drop the steering column another half inch

    Leave a comment:


  • Obioban
    replied
    Looks great!

    I've always wondered what that thing that looks like a fan mount on the CS is. It's like they planned to offer ventilation, but, as far as I can tell, they never did.

    Need to scan and 3D print some trim for the switch panel

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Okay, we have a resounding success. The brackets bolted in as planned and fit perfectly. There's about 1mm clearance to the seat motor, a few millimeters clearance to the closest factory mounting nut, seatbelt position is perfect, no contact with anything that shouldn't have contact and the seat is absolutely as low as it can go with the factory sliders. And it's the perfect height for me (6'2-3" depending on time of day). This seat is a full 1.5" lower than the Brey Krause adapters, and almost 3/4" lower than my prior version. On to some pictures to share the process..

    First, we laser cut a fixture template, printed some fixturing tools, printed a drill template for the lower bar to locate the mounting holes, then fit everything up for welding:​
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9058.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	357486 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9059.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	357488 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9060.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	128.8 KB
ID:	357493 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9061.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	357489 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9062.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	357494
    ^ side note: The milkwaukee portaband saw is absolutely an amazing tool to have. Highly recommend if you need to chop metal. Love this thing.

    Okay, then we take some final measure thrice measurements before we commit to sticking everything together with my cheap flux core harbor freight MIG. No need for a bigger welder since the material is 3mm thick and these welds won't be visible:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9097.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	357496 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9098.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	357492 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9099.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	132.6 KB
ID:	357491 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9100.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	357490 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9101.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	357487

    And last, we bolt into the car for a fit check. A side note that the Recaro fasteners are 12-pt internal M12x1.25 bolts. So be sure you have those tools if you're doing this at home. Millimeter perfect fit:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9102.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	357498 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9103.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	167.3 KB
ID:	357499 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9104.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	357501 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9105.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	163.9 KB
ID:	357500 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9106.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	357497

    Voila!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9107.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	357495

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
    slightly off topic, is there a build thread on that jag? Looks like another cool project

    ​
    Originally posted by Ramage View Post

    I am pretty sure this is the thread for it - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...roject-184994/
    Yep that's the one! Sadly I wasn't as good about detailing that as I am about the wagon. Lesson learned and one of the reasons I'm posting so much here is because I wish I'd done the same for the jag.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ramage
    replied
    Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
    slightly off topic, is there a build thread on that jag? Looks like another cool project
    I am pretty sure this is the thread for it - https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...roject-184994/

    Leave a comment:


  • enjoy_m3
    replied
    slightly off topic, is there a build thread on that jag? Looks like another cool project

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Quick photo drop while I'm short on time. All the parts arrived for the seat base weldment, including the weld fixture:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9019.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	357045 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9020.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	357042 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9021.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	357047 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9022.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	357046 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9023.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	357048 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9024.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	357044 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9025.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	357043

    Leave a comment:


  • Obioban
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

    You might like the previous version, which is about 3/4” lower than the Brey Krause brackets, no welding and much easier to install: https://cart.sendcutsend.com/fsud8iqarj9k
    He’s working on an e39 for the CS’s.

    already got him ~1” lower than the BK’s— have been discussing replacing the Recaro frames to get them lower still.

    Surge is 6’6. 🤪

    might request your part files when you’re done so I can pull the Recaro seat mount point dims…

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by Surge709 View Post

    I have the same issue (just lack of skills) so very interested in where you end up!
    You might like the previous version, which is about 3/4” lower than the Brey Krause brackets, no welding and much easier to install: https://cart.sendcutsend.com/fsud8iqarj9k

    Leave a comment:


  • Surge709
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5on View Post
    Once again because I am OCD and tall, it's been bothering me that I knew technically I could find a way to drop the Recaro sportster seats by another half inch if I designed a replacement for the lower support frame even though I'm still dead set on using the factory electric seat rails with position and mirror memory​. Well it so happens that kaiv had some of these lying around, so here we go. This part will be a weldment that will replace the three parts I currently have mounting my seats. This is about 4-5x the cost and a bunch of extra work to gain that extra half inch, but oh well.

    Factory part for measurements:
    Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_8819.jpg Views:	3 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	356192

    And some shots of CAD. Will keep you all posted on how it goes:
    Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.47.49 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	528.1 KB ID:	356194 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.48.04 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	475.5 KB ID:	356193 Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.48.16 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	356191
    I have the same issue (just lack of skills) so very interested in where you end up!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Once again because I am OCD and tall, it's been bothering me that I knew technically I could find a way to drop the Recaro sportster seats by another half inch if I designed a replacement for the lower support frame even though I'm still dead set on using the factory electric seat rails with position and mirror memory​. Well it so happens that kaiv had some of these lying around, so here we go. This part will be a weldment that will replace the three parts I currently have mounting my seats. This is about 4-5x the cost and a bunch of extra work to gain that extra half inch, but oh well.

    Factory part for measurements:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_8819.jpg Views:	3 Size:	108.6 KB ID:	356192

    And some shots of CAD. Will keep you all posted on how it goes:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.47.49 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	528.1 KB ID:	356194 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.48.04 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	475.5 KB ID:	356193 Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-05-22 at 2.48.16 PM.png Views:	3 Size:	104.8 KB ID:	356191
    Last edited by Bry5on; 05-22-2026, 01:57 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Okay, seeing natural brown from the trunk and not having a spot to velcro the leather to was bothering me. So I added back a half pound:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8578.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	107.1 KB
ID:	354047 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8579.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	354046 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8587.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	354049 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8586.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	354045 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8585.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	354048

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X