Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black & Tan 332iT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by Keith_MN View Post
    Cool!! Always had a soft spot for Jaguars. I can't imagine all the double takes in the EV parking spots.
    Honestly that’s one of my favorite things. Seeing an angry EV driver that a gas car is hogging an EV spot, then seeing the look on their face when they see it plugged in.

    When it’s not plugged in, it’s purposely impossible to tell it’s not an EV. You charge it under the original fuel filler and it even has fake tailpipes (the bike rack mount attach points). Everything electric is completely hidden and the original shifter, pedals and gauges still control the car. And all the trunk space is still there.

    Leave a comment:


  • Keith_MN
    replied
    Cool!! Always had a soft spot for Jaguars. I can't imagine all the double takes in the EV parking spots.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by Keith_MN View Post
    Request to see the Jag! Can't say I've ever seen pics, just the sig line which has always caught my eye.
    Sure! In comparison to the Jag, the wagon is quite close to stock. This week the Jag got some additional attention too. I did some PCBA work (swapping resistors to get thermistor curves right), wiring (Gauge.S and switching a constant 12V drain to a switched 12V), plus lots of software. I had to add a whole lot of data to the CAN bus for Gauge.s, I had to write software to handle that 12V hot -> ignition change, a new WiFi dashboard for live data viewing that's more comprehensive than gauge.s, and with the help of Grok and about 4 prompts, built the best datalog analysis tool I've ever used - feel free to use it here, none of the data goes to a server, it all stays local until you refresh the page: https://bry5on-datalog.grok.me

    Here's the primary viewer, highlighting that I had some brief second gear wheelspin on the right rear (wagon log). Crazy how easy it is to see in the datalog, and how it shows up in the individual wheel, vs speed, vs rpm traces (also EGT?):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	wheelspin WOT log.png Views:	0 Size:	263.2 KB ID:	368024

    And a highly chaotic plot showing more you can see zoomed out over a whole log:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	full log view.png Views:	0 Size:	346.3 KB ID:	368025

    And in the jag, since I have current and voltage, I can actually calculate drivetrain power. And since I have power and output shaft rpm, I can calculate torque. So I decided to add another page to the datalog viewer that automatically generates power/torque dyno plots.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Jag dyno log.png Views:	0 Size:	169.6 KB ID:	368022

    And since I'd done that, I had to make it compatible with the wagon for monitoring other things, like this log which had extra fuel above 7300rpm WOT:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	WOT 332it test.png Views:	0 Size:	128.2 KB ID:	368023

    Here's that live jag dashboard: (notably pre-resistor work)​
    Click image for larger version  Name:	telemetry visual.png Views:	0 Size:	193.2 KB ID:	368037

    Alright, now that we're past all that, photos of the jag as promised:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9721.jpg Views:	0 Size:	98.8 KB ID:	368026
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5592.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.4 KB ID:	368027
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0817.jpg Views:	0 Size:	106.9 KB ID:	368028
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7875.jpg Views:	0 Size:	136.9 KB ID:	368029
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2720.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.8 KB ID:	368030
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_2620.jpg Views:	0 Size:	180.4 KB ID:	368031
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5388.jpg Views:	0 Size:	177.3 KB ID:	368032
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7266.jpg Views:	0 Size:	226.1 KB ID:	368033
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4377.jpg Views:	0 Size:	170.6 KB ID:	368034
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1031.jpg Views:	0 Size:	219.2 KB ID:	368035
    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_5372.jpg Views:	0 Size:	295.1 KB ID:	368036
    Last edited by Bry5on; 09-28-2026, 09:00 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Keith_MN
    replied
    Request to see the Jag! Can't say I've ever seen pics, just the sig line which has always caught my eye.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Not a wagon thing but it sorta counts - wired a gauge.s in to the Jag to display all the stuff hidden on the CAN bus since the car only has so many gauges. Yes the fuel gauge and tach do work for SOC and battery current (tach-ammeter) respectively.

    Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0421.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.4 KB ID:	367799 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0422.jpg Views:	0 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	367800
    Last edited by Bry5on; 09-23-2026, 09:45 PM. Reason: Called the Jag the wagon

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Well well well, looks like the non-CSL (wert_09) oversteer mu setting delayed the DSC intervention. Same corner, ~same speed, ~same lateral G, much later and shorter intervention. I'll keep driving to see if I can repeat a few more times.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2026-09-22 at 8.43.11 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	222.1 KB ID:	367711

    Leave a comment:


  • YoitsTmac
    replied
    I understand the issue now. Apologies. This is brake intervention and not engine DSC intervention.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    I meant a raw dump of the entire bus. If not, it’s okay.
    Pretty much every parameter that's available on the bus is logged in that datalog - he just wants a CAN dump? I don't log that

    Leave a comment:


  • YoitsTmac
    replied
    I meant a raw dump of the entire bus. If not, it’s okay.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post

    Can you provide me a raw can dump of when you’re getting intervention you don’t like? I already got someone with an e90 willing to log
    Yeah it's linked a few posts earlier, here ya go: https://datazap.me/u/bry5on/logs/cmu...44&axes=shared

    Leave a comment:


  • YoitsTmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

    Yeah it’s just the mild intervention so it’s not like an ABS pulse where the wheel materially slows. You can see all the wheel speeds in my CAN datalog above. The FL during a right hand corner DSC intervention starts to look a little noisier than the others but it’s pretty subtle. I’m pretty convinced that’s the wheel that’s seeing the drag torque intervention and it’s the oversteer model that’s messing me up. I think a modification to the steering angle characteristic curve could be the easier hack if we could figure out how to do it.
    Can you provide me a raw can dump of when you’re getting intervention you don’t like? I already got someone with an e90 willing to log

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

    Now that I think about it, you can use wheel speed readings. When a wheel spins are slips you'll see a deviation from the other tire speed readings. I use that to see how much I'm into the ABS when I overcook a turn or go off track...lol.

    I can lend you my AiM Solo2DL for a week or two. It can log wheel speed DATA through CAN. It is a quick and easy 4 wire install.
    Yeah it’s just the mild intervention so it’s not like an ABS pulse where the wheel materially slows. You can see all the wheel speeds in my CAN datalog above. The FL during a right hand corner DSC intervention starts to look a little noisier than the others but it’s pretty subtle. I’m pretty convinced that’s the wheel that’s seeing the drag torque intervention and it’s the oversteer model that’s messing me up. I think a modification to the steering angle characteristic curve could be the easier hack if we could figure out how to do it.

    Leave a comment:


  • YoitsTmac
    replied
    Originally posted by Bry5on View Post

    Yes that would be awesome. I’d love to do the MK60e5 conversion to customize the intervention even more
    This man ran so you can fly: https://happycactusgarage.com/products/mk60-companion

    Edit: my bad, that’s only ABS. Still needs a translator in the middle for DSC. But it’s in my back pocket.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bry5on
    replied
    Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post

    Would you want Mk60e5 firmware if you could? Thats the last CAN based unit out there. It’ll project pressure and needs a wake and translator, but could technically work. Has internal pressure sensors too. Bluebimma on Instagram overcame the WSS with a factory WSS but didn’t state which one. Actually, I’m on mobile but you may already know from your wheel hub on your custom knuckle.

    I only ask because I was looking into it this weekend. Really wanted mk100 but flexray is a black box to me
    Yes that would be awesome. I’d love to do the MK60e5 conversion to customize the intervention even more

    Leave a comment:


  • YoitsTmac
    replied
    Yeah but I was looking for something I could throw in any e46 and start logging with other data. I did explore tapping in at the source and converting voltage but opted against it as it was only one of many sensors I wanted.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X