Directly before I went down I completed building out the generalised configurable CAN message functionality for inclusion in the next version of Community Patch. This functionality is an extension of the custom program ROM I've been running for the last few months.
- Up to 3 configurable CAN messages for a total of 24 bytes of variables of your choice at 100hz.
- Ability to push up to 16 bytes of Slave-processor-only variables to the DPR (shared RAM) to make them available to then expose in the configurable CAN messages. This is something new I've been working on and means there's now no restriction on what variables can be exposed to CAN, if it exists in the DME you can push it on the CAN bus.
- Configuration validation on DME startup for both CAN message config and Slave-to-DPR config.
- New functionality off by default, must be configured to enable it (means backward compatibility with any 0401 Tune file)
This feature is only fully useful to others when available alongside a list of DME variables. Obviously we don't know all of these, but I'm intending to extract a list from the disassembly, along with descriptions where we have them, that people can refer to. With that and some decent instructions it should be a fairly useful feature.

)

Leave a comment: