No announcement yet.

What's going on in my shop currently...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are still back in May for these updates...

Scrapped a shell that we bought for the SPECE46 engine replacement (last year).

A set of rod bearings for an S65.

My buddy Todd owns a shop in Houston (TMJ Bimmers) came in to town to pick up some bell housings I machined for him to convert M3 SMG to full manual.

AND he is a big E36 guy, he heard I had the cleanest driver 328i and wanted to sell it so unexpectedly he drove home with it as well, lol. You'd never believe this car has almost 300k on it, it is quite possibly the nicest over 100k mile (let along almost 300k) car you'd ever see. Which was made it hard to justify owning. Luckily it went to a good home and he is enjoying it immensely.

We are now to June and had a track weekend with BMW CCA at CoTA. Are buddy Daniel convinced us all to go in on a garage together and it was really the best thing ever. It was WELL over 100* all weekend but the way the garages are laid out it really was quite "pleasant" in the garage.

We brough Daniels S54 E36, which I need to do a big write up on, Jason's 330 swapped Touring, Brandons "SPEC E46 Lite" coupe and of course Eileen.

Eileen ended up going 2:37.xx which I am super happy with, lots of room on the table, but it's a good baseline to improve upon in the future.

'00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post
      The rear shock comes out for that repair and was found to be missing the paper gasket between the mount and the body. This will cause an audible noise and even when these cars were new people would complain about it, BMWs fix was to just add a second gaskets so for her we added (2) new gaskets per side.

I'm chasing a noise in the rear of my car and am thinking it might be related to the shock mounts (sounds like it's in the trunk).

Have you been able to reproduce this sound you're talking about when the car is up in the air? If so, how?

I've unbolted a lot of stuff and wiggled it around, but can only hear the noise when driving. Would be awesome if the fix was just to add another paper gasket to the mount
      2002 Topasblau M3 - Coupe - 6MT - Karbonius CSL Airbox - MSS54HP Conversion - Kassel MAP - SSV1 - HJS - PCS Tune - Beisan - MK60 Swap - ZCP Rack - Nogaros - AutoSolutions - 996 Brembos - Slon - CMP - VinceBar - Koni - Eibach - BlueBus - Journal

2012 Alpinweiss 128i - Coupe - 6AT - Slicktop - Manual Seats - Daily - Journal

Comment

Working...
      X