Alex's "Smurfenstein" LSB Copart Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexM3Chicago View Post

That's what the supercharger is for! But yeah, any towing will be with an aluminum trailer, also I'm not planing on towing it around too much so it should hopefully do the trick!
    Nice truck! I also like the older Toyotas but have had the same challenge; need a tow vehicle. Looking forward to hearing how it does 馃憤. I've also considered rebuilding a 1st or 2nd gen X5 with the V8.

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post

Nice truck! I also like the older Toyotas but have had the same challenge; need a tow vehicle. Looking forward to hearing how it does 馃憤. I've also considered rebuilding a 1st or 2nd gen X5 with the V8.
      Thanks! If you get an X5, I'd recommend the diesel!

Comment

Pretty big update with the M3.

I went ahead with the BBK install, KW V3 install, as well as a RACP reinforcement. I also installed some M-rain goodies from stitch boots.

All the work was performed by Performance Eurowerks. Alex and team did great work on the car and I am very happy with how it turned out.

I have officially finished the big three. Rod bearings, VANOS, and RACP have all been completed successfully. I also went through the entire cooling system and replaced everything, and used new high temp o-rings supplied by a fellow forum member. I will hopefully get many years of joy from the car now.

For the BBK, I went with the Porsche 996 retrofit. I went with this kit because of affordability and overall satisfaction I have read from others who have also installed this kit. Swapping out pads will also be much easier now.

I chose the KW V3 coil-overs because the M3 is no longer a daily and I wanted it to be a bit more aggressive in terms of driving goes. The fitment and ride height now is perfect in my opinion. The only other suspension mod I am going to do will be adjustable rear camber arms.

For the RACP reinforcement, I went with PE鈥檚 recommended solid aluminum subframe bushings.

I also replaced the diff bushings and went with ECS red poly bushings. These produce minimal driveline wine and since the car is no longer a daily, I actually don鈥檛 mind it. Coupled with the solid subframe bushings, poly diff bushings, and Auto Solutions 30% SSK, it sounds and feels very mechanical now.

I also added a bit of my own taste to the interior thanks to stitchboots and their M-rain shift and e-brake boots. I love the way that they look.

Lastly, here are some pics of the car. I really don鈥檛 like the way they came out (direct sun), but I think they show just how much LSB can vary depending on lighting.

Last edited by alexM3Chicago; 08-21-2020, 06:47 AM.

Comment

I love everything she's a real beaut
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Awesome update. She's perfect 馃憤

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Looking GOOD

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                  I love everything she's a real beaut
                  Thank you sir, it's a real love hate relationship right now. She's been bad on the wallet but good for my smile.

Originally posted by Loopyspec View Post
                  Awesome update. She's perfect 馃憤
                  Thanks! I think she's getting there for sure!

Originally posted by RoyalFlushness View Post
                  Looks great!
                  Thank you!

Originally posted by Phoenix///M3 View Post
                  Looking GOOD
                  Thanks! I think so too! Next steps are an M-texture interior and swapping out those Billy Boat exhaust tips for tips more... round haha

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                      Looks great!
                      Thank you!

Had some free time and took care of some wet sanding/buffing after the full respray last year. Paint looks much better now. Have a look!

I am happy with the car, but sometimes selling it cross's my mind every now and then. Not really sure why, maybe it's because in my mind my project/vision is finally "finished" and theres nothing left to do. Not sure what it would be worth being a rebuilt title so I realize its not for everyone but it is still a 6 speed LSB/black with the big 3 taken care of and minty interior. I also got tired of the "fish bowl" look and installed some ceramic 70% tint on all windows aside from the windshield- I think it looks good.

Last edited by alexM3Chicago; 01-05-2021, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Yellow Brembos on LSB

Click image for larger version

Name:	TKlSrF7.gif
Views:	492
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	77404

Comment

Looks tits

makes up fo no mo dafoe
                          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 DCT Slicktop Instagram
                          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 Coupe 6spd Slicktop zero options
                          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by robgill View Post
                            Yellow Brembos on LSB

Click image for larger version

Name:	TKlSrF7.gif
Views:	492
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	77404
                            The contrast is perfect in my opinion! These cars should have come with Brembo's from the factory!

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
                            Looks tits

makes up fo no mo dafoe
                            Oh yeah!

Comment

very clean LSB, it looks nicer than cars with a clean title. love the Smurfenstein name too.

Comment

Originally posted by JudahJD904 View Post
                                very clean LSB, it looks nicer than cars with a clean title. love the Smurfenstein name too.
                                Thanks! I think it's a job done right for sure. It also helps that I'm OCD about panel gaps and paint matching haha. Sadly, it only take a small amount of damage to total these cars out now that they're aging. If it was hit when it was younger and "worth more", I doubt it would have been totaled. Lots of clean title cars have had quarter panel replacements!

Comment

Working...
                                X