No announcement yet.

M3Logik's E46 M3 Track Car Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great build! I want a lift like that in my garage.

Comment

For your GroundControl coilovers did you opt for helper springs or are the spring long enough at full droop they aren't needed?

Comment

Originally posted by puma1824 View Post
        Great build! I want a lift like that in my garage.
        Thanks, makes things easy and safe!

For your GroundControl coilovers did you opt for helper springs or are the spring long enough at full droop they aren't needed?
        My order off the invoice: BMW E46 M3 COMPLETE C/O KIT, COMPLETE KIT (DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE) 2031.73

No helper springs in my kit.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210112_192318.jpg Views:	7 Size:	138.3 KB ID:	157022
        Last edited by M3logik; 03-04-2022, 06:18 PM.
        Instagram: M3Journal

Comment

Great build! Curious to hear your opinions on the ground control kit. Thinking of going with the same setup in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by M3logik View Post

Thanks, makes things easy and safe!

QUOTE=puma1824;n156955]For your GroundControl coilovers did you opt for helper springs or are the spring long enough at full droop they aren't needed?
            My order off the invoice: BMW E46 M3 COMPLETE C/O KIT, COMPLETE KIT (DOUBLE ADJUSTABLE) 2031.73

No helper springs in my kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_192318.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	138.3 KB
ID:	157022
            [/QUOTE]

Nice. Yeah helper springs are optional. I ended up ordering mine with them. I guess I'll see if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenx View Post
              Great build! Curious to hear your opinions on the ground control kit. Thinking of going with the same setup in the future.
              Thanks! This GC kit is the same I had on my previous track car project. Suspension was predictable, and gave an ok ride to and from the track.

I'm no Lewis Hamilton, but for the price point, I'd definitely have these as one of my top two choices for my next project, if i decided to do another e46 m3 build. Had good experiences with this setup. If I wanted to throw more cash at the suspension setup, I'd go for a set with external reservoirs.

Comment

Took a drive up PCH and around Laguna Beach to to break in the clutch, flywheel, and test out the used SMG unit. It worked out flawlessly. No hiccups or issues. I'll probably take another three 50-or-so mile test drives before calling it good and hitting the track. I'll refrain from putting any target dates for hitting the track, because every damn time I put a date out there, something always happens!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220308_233927.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	157933

This is really highlighting the importance of having an active registration! Gonna have to keep it active at all costs 💯
                Last edited by M3logik; 03-08-2022, 10:40 PM.

Comment

looks great! What's the final weight?

Comment

Haha what offset and width you running on the front? You guys are wild.
                    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Thoughts on the GroundControl Race camber plates? Think they would be too harsh for street use?

Comment

How hard is it for a novice to wrap the whole car themselves? I've worked with tint a lot but not much vinyl. I got a new euro bumper and I'm thinking about skipping paint and wrapping the car.
                        2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
                        Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
                        Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Comment

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
                          looks great! What's the final weight?
                          Gonna take it to the scales soon. Stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
                            Haha what offset and width you running on the front? You guys are wild.
                            18 x 9.5 35et, 265/35/18 square 12mm spacer

Comment

Thoughts on the GroundControl Race camber plates? Think they would be too harsh for street use?
                              I don't think the camber plates make too much of a difference with ride quality. Ride height, springs, shocks, and bushings are probably more impactuful. I've only ever had these camber plates on track cars. So everything seems comfortable to me!

If you are talking about the whole coilover setup, its more siff than stock, but it is not jarring when you are on a medium or soft setting.

Comment

Originally posted by DJAM3 View Post
                                How hard is it for a novice to wrap the whole car themselves? I've worked with tint a lot but not much vinyl. I got a new euro bumper and I'm thinking about skipping paint and wrapping the car.
                                If you are willing to learn, wrapping a car isn't too difficult. It can be fun too. Lots of youtube tutorials out there. It is really time consuming and your results will depend on how much time you put in, skill level acquired, attention to detail, etc. Cost wise, you can do your entire car yourself for under $750. I used Avery Dennison SW900 wrap. Really easy to work with.

If you are concerned with how the wrap is going to turn out, you should probably hire a professional as the e46 m3 has a lot of weird lines which make wrapping things in one piece really difficult. A pro can handle it, but it'll probably cost $2.5k -$3.5k for the entire car. Get some quotes from some quality wrap installers near you to get an accurate price.

Although I do like the wrap, at some point, I'll probably paint my car the same pearl white color that I am currently running. I'm kind of particular about how I want things to look so the wrap is gonna be temporary. I do like the wrap, but I prefer paint.

Comment

Working...
                                X